Rtd fuse
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Rtd fuse in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Can any one tell me which fuse u pull for the real time damping i have just fitted none electronic ...
    PIGLET is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 escalade

Rtd fuse

Can any one tell me which fuse u pull for the real time damping i have just fitted none electronic shocks and now get the sss warning on the dash there is no fuse marked RTD under the hudd can you tell me which one it is thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by PIGLET
    Can any one tell me which fuse u pull for the real time damping i have just fitted none electronic shocks and now get the sss warning on the dash there is no fuse marked RTD under the hudd can you tell me which one it is thanks
    There are two fuses next to your high beam relay the one you want is the 30amp green fuse It is labeled RTD on the inside cover of the fuse box.

Re: Rtd fuse

thanks found it pulled the fuse and the sss warning returned straight away is there any other fuse i can pull that will make it go off

Quote Originally Posted by PIGLET
    thanks found it pulled the fuse and the sss warning returned straight away is there any other fuse i can pull that will make it go off
    I think you have to do it with the battery cable removed and wait a few mins before you reconnect it but I am not 100% sure since I have read this info on another forum site and forgot which one.

Thanks i will try that tonight when i finnish work

Cadi 21 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac Escalade

I have a 2003 Escalade, a couple months ago the SUV began to drop in the rear when we would go over bumps. I would turn the car off & then back on & the compressor would lift the vehicle back up. Now the compressor will not lift it at all. I hooked the compressor up to an external source (portable charger) it worked and lifted the vehicle.; but the car won't say raised.

So I removed the air ride shocks and replaced them with regular shocks, but now the car sits very low in the rear & not level with the front.

Help! Do Non- air ride shocks work on these escaldes &/or does anyone know why the vehicle will not stay lifted? Is it the shocks, the compressor or something else all together? FYI (All Fuses OK).

I look forward to any responses; as I am working on the vehicle as we speak.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadi 21
    I have a 2003 Escalade, a couple months ago the SUV began to drop in the rear when we would go over bumps. I would turn the car off & then back on & the compressor would lift the vehicle back up. Now the compressor will not lift it at all. I hooked the compressor up to an external source (portable charger) it worked and lifted the vehicle.; but the car won't say raised.

So I removed the air ride shocks and replaced them with regular shocks, but now the car sits very low in the rear & not level with the front.

Help! Do Non- air ride shocks work on these escaldes &/or does anyone know why the vehicle will not stay lifted? Is it the shocks, the compressor or something else all together? FYI (All Fuses OK).

I look forward to any responses; as I am working on the vehicle as we speak.

Thanks in advance.
    You also need to replace the coil springs with those from the tahoe.

If you fit the firestone air lift 1000 air bags into the rear springs you can lift the rear up as much as you like les than $100 of amazon or ebay how did you get the sss warning to go off the message center mine is on every time i drive it comes on after about 5 or 6 miles

When I hook the compressor up to the external source, & manually raise the car, the system thinks there is no issue & it resets the error code.
    Thanks for the input so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadi 21 View Post
    When I hook the compressor up to the external source, & manually raise the car, the system thinks there is no issue & it resets the error code.
    Thanks for the input so far.
    you have a level sensor bad you need to check to see which one it is.

Where do I find the level sensors?

Where do I find the level sensors?
    They are next to the front and rear wheels the ones in the rear are the ones you need to check
    You will see a rod coming from them that goes to the frame connector just pull it loose from there and work them up and down to see if the service ride control message shows.

The service ride control message just showed up again, and now I can't get it to go off.

The service ride control message just showed up again, and now I can't get it to go off.
    I suggest going to the dealer as the system might have a code set.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.