2005 Escalade ESV SIgnature Ed come with HID Lighting Stock?
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, 2005 Escalade ESV SIgnature Ed come with HID Lighting Stock? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Did some searching around on here and Google and couldn't get a straight answer. Does the 2005 Escalade ESV SIgnature ...
  1. #1
    ESVTipsy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV Signature Edition
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Age
    35
    Posts
    9

    2005 Escalade ESV SIgnature Ed come with HID Lighting Stock?

    Did some searching around on here and Google and couldn't get a straight answer. Does the 2005 Escalade ESV SIgnature Ed come with HID Lighting Stock? Thanks!

    Mike

  2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Rolex's Avatar
    Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Arkansas
    Age
    38
    Posts
    11,868

    Re: 2005 Escalade ESV SIgnature Ed come with HID Lighting Stock?

    IIRC all Escalades after 2002 came with stock HIDs (low beam).
    The above post is my 2 cents....nothing more.

  4. #3
    ESVTipsy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV Signature Edition
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Age
    35
    Posts
    9

    Re: 2005 Escalade ESV SIgnature Ed come with HID Lighting Stock?

    Ok, so on eBay when it says these headlamps fit all years EXCEPT those with Stock HIDs installed means they will not fit my 05 ESV right?

    These are the ones I wanted - http://www.ebay.com/itm/6000K-HID-02...990a41&vxp=mtr

  5. #4
    ESVTipsy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV Signature Edition
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Age
    35
    Posts
    9

    Re: 2005 Escalade ESV SIgnature Ed come with HID Lighting Stock?

    Fitment : 02-06 Cadillac Escalade with OEM Halogen Headlights ONLY.
    will NOT fit models with OEM Xenon headlights.

    So my 2005 ESV has OEM Xenon Headlights then?

  6. #5
    the cadillac man's Avatar
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    speedwell tn,
    Posts
    7,659
    Quote Originally Posted by ESVTipsy
    Fitment : 02-06 Cadillac Escalade with OEM Halogen Headlights ONLY.
    will NOT fit models with OEM Xenon headlights.

    So my 2005 ESV has OEM Xenon Headlights then?
    Yep all escapades after 03 has hid low beams I know my 03 has them.

  7. #6
    ESVTipsy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV Signature Edition
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Age
    35
    Posts
    9

    Re: 2005 Escalade ESV SIgnature Ed come with HID Lighting Stock?

    Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man View Post
    Yep all escapades after 03 has hid low beams I know my 03 has them.
    So is there any mods to downgrade or a wiring harness that will allow me to use above mentioned headlamps? No one has bought aftermarket headlamps like the angel eyes or Projector lights like the ones I linked in my previous message? Or am I missing a big step that will allow me to purchase and install these lamps?

  8. #7
    the cadillac man's Avatar
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    speedwell tn,
    Posts
    7,659
    Quote Originally Posted by ESVTipsy

    So is there any mods to downgrade or a wiring harness that will allow me to use above mentioned headlamps? No one has bought aftermarket headlamps like the angel eyes or Projector lights like the ones I linked in my previous message? Or am I missing a big step that will allow me to purchase and install these lamps?
    Explain to me why you would want to do away with the hid lamps for halogen which are a huge step down in light performance.

  9. #8
    John P is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade 6.0
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    145
    Hids work in those units, they are just not approved for them. They'll work fine and not cause any problems.

  10. #9
    ESVTipsy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV Signature Edition
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Age
    35
    Posts
    9

    Re: 2005 Escalade ESV SIgnature Ed come with HID Lighting Stock?

    Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man View Post
    Explain to me why you would want to do away with the hid lamps for halogen which are a huge step down in light performance.
    Uh because I do, I am not worried about a performance light, just want to know if I can physically hook them up and they will work or will I need to do a bunch of work to get them working. Thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by John P View Post
    Hids work in those units, they are just not approved for them. They'll work fine and not cause any problems.
    Thanks, what do you mean not approved? Will I have a bunch of extra to get them to work?

  11. #10
    John P is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade 6.0
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    145
    Because Halogen bulbs have to have a certain unit for the light projected properly, and HID have to be in a certain unit to project the HID light properly. So as far as the 'law' is concerned, Your bulbs will be in the 'wrong' type unit. The. Reality is, The Police or anyone else won't really know, it's just the manufacturers way of saying 'Dont say we didn't tell you'.

    No, they'll be plug and play like any other unit, It's just that the manufacturers can't legally sell them for use with HID cos they haven't had them tested for anything other than halogen.

    Iv had the same style of lights in around 4 of my cars with hids and they have never been an issue or caused any problems.

    In short, They'll be fine and if you want them, get them.

  12. #11
    ESVTipsy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV Signature Edition
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Age
    35
    Posts
    9

    Re: 2005 Escalade ESV SIgnature Ed come with HID Lighting Stock?

    Quote Originally Posted by John P View Post
    Because Halogen bulbs have to have a certain unit for the light projected properly, and HID have to be in a certain unit to project the HID light properly. So as far as the 'law' is concerned, Your bulbs will be in the 'wrong' type unit. The. Reality is, The Police or anyone else won't really know, it's just the manufacturers way of saying 'Dont say we didn't tell you'.

    No, they'll be plug and play like any other unit, It's just that the manufacturers can't legally sell them for use with HID cos they haven't had them tested for anything other than halogen.

    Iv had the same style of lights in around 4 of my cars with hids and they have never been an issue or caused any problems.

    In short, They'll be fine and if you want them, get them.
    Thanks, that is what the companies selling them are saying. So the plug itself for high/low beam is not different...just the bulb? So why can't I just put a halogen bulb in. A few of the sites are saying the headlight physically will not light up if hooked up...is there any truth to this? Thanks again for your quick answers to my questions!

  13. #12
    John P is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade 6.0
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    145
    Because HIDs are run by power packs known as ballasts, Where the bulb fits into the headlamp will be the same fitment but the bulbs electric part will be different.
    If you replaced the HID bulb with the halogen, It would either fry it or not work atall, I'm not sure but it definitely wouldn't work.
    What I was getting at is, If you just put your hid in the new headlight unit it will be fine as long as the bulb fits in correctly.

  14. #13
    ESVTipsy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV Signature Edition
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Age
    35
    Posts
    9

    Re: 2005 Escalade ESV SIgnature Ed come with HID Lighting Stock?

    Quote Originally Posted by John P View Post
    Because HIDs are run by power packs known as ballasts, Where the bulb fits into the headlamp will be the same fitment but the bulbs electric part will be different.
    If you replaced the HID bulb with the halogen, It would either fry it or not work atall, I'm not sure but it definitely wouldn't work.
    What I was getting at is, If you just put your hid in the new headlight unit it will be fine as long as the bulb fits in correctly.
    Gotcha, ok so the bulbs are bigger or the same size as halogen? I am asking so I know what to ask the company selling these headlamps. Aside from that the plug end of the OEM headlamp and the aftermarket ones will match right?

  15. #14
    the cadillac man's Avatar
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    speedwell tn,
    Posts
    7,659
    Quote Originally Posted by ESVTipsy

    Gotcha, ok so the bulbs are bigger or the same size as halogen? I am asking so I know what to ask the company selling these headlamps. Aside from that the plug end of the OEM headlamp and the aftermarket ones will match right?
    Here is the difference between the hid housing and the halogen housings on the escalade one makes the beam pattern look like a half moon (hid version) which has a cutoff for the light pattern to prevent the hid bulbs from blah ding the oncoming traffic when aimed right,
    The halogen housings will not work right with hid bulbs due to the difference in design and the focal point of the bulb is different which in turn will scatter the light around like mad unless you aim the lights lower then normal
    I have hid bulbs in both my fog lights and high beams but the light pattern on the high beam is like a couple of spot lights on the road compared to my fog lights which work better with hid bulbs better then they do with halogen,
    While you can get different ballast to work with different hid bulbs you will risk the chance of damaging the housings if one is defective and explodes in the projector housing.

  16. #15
    Rolex's Avatar
    Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Arkansas
    Age
    38
    Posts
    11,868

    Re: 2005 Escalade ESV SIgnature Ed come with HID Lighting Stock?

    facepalm
    The above post is my 2 cents....nothing more.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting