air ride compressor question - how do I know if it is working? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, air ride compressor question - how do I know if it is working? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; A very timely thread. A few months ago when the compressor would kick on, it sounded like it was full ...
    pilot-werx is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none

Re: air ride compressor question - how do I know if it is working?

A very timely thread. A few months ago when the compressor would kick on, it sounded like it was full of marbles. Shortly after, it stopped working altogether. No blown fuses and no codes. On Tuesday I ordered a replacement from Arnott off of EBAY for $189. It arrived on Friday and I installed it yesterday. It took all of 30 minutes to remove the old one, rebuild the dryer and install the new one. Started the truck and voila, the air ride is working again... The worse part of the job was dealing with sand that would drop out while wiggling the old compressor out. To make the job faster, purchase some of the black push pins that hold the rubber flap on before you start so you can just cut the existing ones....

osure is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 escalade
    I agree I broke one of the screws off. Just get new ones. I just put new comp on but went with the $208 dollar compressor as i wasn't sure of the condition of he pressure switch and that one came with it and a new drier,also had plug already on it

'49 Ford Coupe is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade

Re: air ride compressor question - how do I know if it is working?

Ok, guys, so I just took the ride control compressor assembly apart, and sure enough, not only were the terminals and the insides of the housing for the solenoid all crudded up, but the very very thin copper wire that is soldered onto the terminals , but one was corroded in two.. but I had enough wire to check the ohms on the solenoid, and it showed that the coil was open. I just called cadillac,and the guy told me that the solenoid is not sold separately, but the entire assembly is only 500 and something bucks.. I have read about aftermarket for about 200, but my compressor is good (jumpered the relay under the hood and it would run)... so, anybody know if somebody sells the solenoid/coil ??? Thanks in advance..

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by '49 Ford Coupe
    Ok, guys, so I just took the ride control compressor assembly apart, and sure enough, not only were the terminals and the insides of the housing for the solenoid all crudded up, but the very very thin copper wire that is soldered onto the terminals , but one was corroded in two.. but I had enough wire to check the ohms on the solenoid, and it showed that the coil was open. I just called cadillac,and the guy told me that the solenoid is not sold separately, but the entire assembly is only 500 and something bucks.. I have read about aftermarket for about 200, but my compressor is good (jumpered the relay under the hood and it would run)... so, anybody know if somebody sells the solenoid/coil ??? Thanks in advance..
    Nope the only fix is to replace the whole compressor.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.