How much to replace A/C actuators?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, How much to replace A/C actuators? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hi guys. First time posting here. I just bought a used 04 Escy RWD, I love this truck, 65k miles ...
    bornnraisedNO is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac Escalade RWD

How much to replace A/C actuators?

Hi guys. First time posting here. I just bought a used 04 Escy RWD, I love this truck, 65k miles when I bought it and everything seemed in great condition. Even had a mechanic check it out and he gave it a thumbs up.

So out the blue Im driving it yesterday, and all of sudden starts blowing hot as hell air. I fiddled with the A/C controls but nothing worked, I noticed the rear blowers were blowing cool air fine. Im not sure if the passenger side was blowing hot air, but I think it was. I parked, and restarted the car, and it was blowing cool again. After some searching everything points to the actuator.

Im not a DIY'er like you guys other than changing oil, brake pads, and stuff like that. So I will bring it in to the dealer. I bought an extended warranty but I strongly doubt this is covered.

So for anyone who has had this work done, what kind of damage am I looking at? Is it best for me to go to a Caddy dealer, or just a shop I trust?

I appreciate any feed back and Im glad to be a part of the Escalade club!! I just need to get this fixed asap, I live in Louisiana and it is hot as hell!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by bornnraisedNO
    Hi guys. First time posting here. I just bought a used 04 Escy RWD, I love this truck, 65k miles when I bought it and everything seemed in great condition. Even had a mechanic check it out and he gave it a thumbs up.

So out the blue Im driving it yesterday, and all of sudden starts blowing hot as hell air. I fiddled with the A/C controls but nothing worked, I noticed the rear blowers were blowing cool air fine. Im not sure if the passenger side was blowing hot air, but I think it was. I parked, and restarted the car, and it was blowing cool again. After some searching everything points to the actuator.

Im not a DIY'er like you guys other than changing oil, brake pads, and stuff like that. So I will bring it in to the dealer. I bought an extended warranty but I strongly doubt this is covered.

So for anyone who has had this work done, what kind of damage am I looking at? Is it best for me to go to a Caddy dealer, or just a shop I trust?

I appreciate any feed back and Im glad to be a part of the Escalade club!! I just need to get this fixed asap, I live in Louisiana and it is hot as hell!!
    Is it both front sides or just the driver's side cause the driver's side can be replaced easy it is under the dash on the passenger side three screws to remove the cover then two holds the actuator in place after that you remove the fuse for the front hvac for about 5mins then reinsert it and turn the key to run and leave it there for 2mins after that turn it off and start the truck.

I hope this helps and I know how you feel I had this happen to me three times the first time me dad looked like I had lost my mind and yes it was hot that don't go well with a black truck.

Re: How much to replace A/C actuators?

Thanks, sounds like something I can do myself.

Quote Originally Posted by bornnraisedNO View Post
    Thanks, sounds like something I can do myself.
    ok if you hit a snag just post and i will respond if i see it in time.

mitch2264 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade Platinum

This may give you an indicatioin of what this entails: http://www.sparkys-answers.com/2011/...ush-panel.html Oh, and congrats your new Escalade!

Quote Originally Posted by mitch2264 View Post
    This may give you an indicatioin of what this entails: http://www.sparkys-answers.com/2011/...ush-panel.html Oh, and congrats your new Escalade!
    Damn. After reading that I punked out and called the dealer where I purchase the car. They told me they will replace it free of charge since I only bought the car last weekend, so I will let them do it. Thanks for all the feedback guys I look forward to hangin' out here more often.

Damn. After reading that I punked out and called the dealer where I purchase the car. They told me they will replace it free of charge since I only bought the car last weekend, so I will let them do it. Thanks for all the feedback guys I look forward to hangin' out here more often.
    That is AWESOME! It is nice to hear they are stepping up to bat and doing the right thing! Thanks for the update!

That is AWESOME! It is nice to hear they are stepping up to bat and doing the right thing! Thanks for the update!

wow that is great customer service and congrats on your new escalade.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.