Looking at an '04 Escalade ESV Platinum
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Looking at an '04 Escalade ESV Platinum in Cadillac Escalade Forums; New to the forums (and Escalades). I'm looking at an '04 Escalade ESV Platinum. 98K miles, absolutely immaculate condition. Only ...
    GVWR is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Looking at an '04 Escalade ESV Platinum

New to the forums (and Escalades).
    I'm looking at an '04 Escalade ESV Platinum. 98K miles, absolutely immaculate condition. Only thing I can see missing are the cups for the front cup holders.
    Everything appears to work fine and it drives like no other.

Are there any issues or things particular to this year/model I should look for?
    Opinions?
    Thoughts?

Thanks, Glenn

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade

Re: Looking at an '04 Escalade ESV Platinum

i suggest getting the service history pulled at a local dealer they can tell you if the truck has been kept up also you can look on ebay for the mugs there or the dealer i don't know if gmpartsdirect carries them or not.

GVWR is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I'll pass on the mugs. Dealer says there almost $200 each.
    Wow..

Quote Originally Posted by GVWR View Post
    I'll pass on the mugs. Dealer says there almost $200 each.
    Wow..
    they aren't cheap but any metal type mug should work as long as it fits in the holder.

tomikem is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade platinum

Cup heaters working - splits in leather seat bottoms, driver's side - front dif noise - dash and steering wheel lights - backup warning indicator?

mikeblas is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade ESV Platinum

The pittman arm assembly is likely to be worn, and is expensive to replace. (The part is pretty cheap, but the dealer will be happy to soak you on the labor.)

during your test drive, you should be sure the truck tracks straight when you let go of the wheel, as well as when you are on the brakes. Feel the brakes for pulsing to detect a warped rotor.

Koenig041 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade ESV

I'm looking at this same vehicle. What is the cost to replace all 4 corners of the suspension and the compressor? How reliable are the vortec 6000 motors? We are replacing a Gen 2, Durango, with the hemi 5.7, 227,000 miles and still going strong. Our kids are getting bigger and need the storage behind the third row seat that the durango is lacking. Are the differentials or transfer case known to be problematic? Better yet, has anyone put together a buyers guide for the Gen 1 ESV?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Koenig041
    I'm looking at this same vehicle. What is the cost to replace all 4 corners of the suspension and the compressor? How reliable are the vortec 6000 motors? We are replacing a Gen 2, Durango, with the hemi 5.7, 227,000 miles and still going strong. Our kids are getting bigger and need the storage behind the third row seat that the durango is lacking. Are the differentials or transfer case known to be problematic? Better yet, has anyone put together a buyers guide for the Gen 1 ESV?
    Thanks
    They are about the same as a regular escalade with all wheel drive so you don't have a control panel of buttons to wear out and the 6.0 is bulletproof strong reliable engine that can tow a lot of wight.
    The moan thing is looking for leaks under the truck when it is sitting aside from the ac pull out the tranny dipstick and check the fluid to make sure isn't smelling burnt.
    The escalade only has air shocks on the rear and the good news is if a part for it fails the truck ain't sitting like a low rider although the cost will vary depending on if you get the parts on-line or at the dealer.
    So far I have yet to have a problem with my transfer case or differentials although I do keep a check on the fluid level to be on the safe side.

osure is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 escalade

The motors are really solid. these things are built to go to work but yet most people that are driving them are not the lets beat on them type

rkerr1234 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 escalade EVS Platinum

Don't mean to hijack this but, would like to ask while seeing this, I purchased my first caddy this year 04 escalade platinum, I love this thing but, fighting a pulsing when breaking. Replaced rotors three times no different along with high end break pads, I know the pitman and idler are worn about to do that today---- could that cause it? Or the back rotors?---driving me nuts--- thanks for any advise--- I just don't want the regret of leaving Lexus to support US cars to creep into my mine--- getting ready to sale that Lexus and get a DTS alongside with this Escalade.

Thanks brother,

Ron

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.