3rd brake light
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, 3rd brake light in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Need a 3rd brake light or just the led light cover for some reason Iam missing the cover of mine.....please ...
    jasonguti is offline Cadillac Owners Member

3rd brake light

Need a 3rd brake light or just the led light cover for some reason Iam missing the cover of mine.....please hrlp

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade

Re: 3rd brake light

the only way to fix the third brake light is to replace it there are some sites on line that sell them i know this site has them www.carid.com

Logandiagnostic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 DTS, 2005 Mustang GT

You don't mention what year..and I'm not sure how the lens would be gone...maybe if it's an EXT.

The lens will not come off and cannot be replaced by itself. The lens is sonic/vibration welded to the rear lamp housing.

The lamp housings are worth more then then internal parts. Your missing lens problem is either someone tried to fix it, steal it, or it hit the garage door.

The lamps can be service. See www.ledfix.com . The carid site above does not have the third lamp for the Escalade.

Quote Originally Posted by Logandiagnostic
    You don't mention what year..and I'm not sure how the lens would be gone...maybe if it's an EXT.

The lens will not come off and cannot be replaced by itself. The lens is sonic/vibration welded to the rear lamp housing.

The lamp housings are worth more then then internal parts. Your missing lens problem is either someone tried to fix it, steal it, or it hit the garage door.

The lamps can be service. See www.ledfix.com . The carid site above does not have the third lamp for the Escalade.
    Um yes they do as I have looked on there they have three different styles of third brake light along with a large selection of taillights for the escalade.

Here is a link to the third brake light on carid's site for proof http://www.carid.com/2003-cadillac-e...ht-272915.html so your claim of them not having a third brake light for the escalade is false.

Ok...let me clarify...

For the 2002 to 2006....A lamp that is a direct fit for the Escalade.

The lamp you linked to is a 'Escalade-style' lamp. It is not a direct, OEM fitting lamp for the Escalade.. Note the panel pictured with the lamp. That panel has to be painted and attached to the vehicle.

Also, it should be noted the EXT lamp and the SUV lamps look the same too...but are not interchangeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Logandiagnostic View Post
    Ok...let me clarify...

For the 2002 to 2006....A lamp that is a direct fit for the Escalade.

The lamp you linked to is a 'Escalade-style' lamp. It is not a direct, OEM fitting lamp for the Escalade.. Note the panel pictured with the lamp. That panel has to be painted and attached to the vehicle.

Also, it should be noted the EXT lamp and the SUV lamps look the same too...but are not interchangeable.
    i know that but there is a review on there where one person got one for a escalade and i have looked at mine and there are three screws holding it to the window also i ain't claiming that it is a oem fit but a aftermarket choice.

You have a very trusting soul if you believe in posted internet reviews.

Anyway, it's your lamp and your money. We checked on the aftermarket lamp you recommended today...

6 month warranty (via 'live chat') Plus shipping. And be sure to review the return policy..looks like after 30 days you are pretty much on your own.

I would strongly suggest getting that '6 month' warranty in writing.

http://www.carid.com/help-zone/returns/

Quote Originally Posted by Logandiagnostic View Post
    You have a very trusting soul if you believe in posted internet reviews.

Anyway, it's your lamp and your money. We checked on the aftermarket lamp you recommended today...

6 month warranty (via 'live chat') Plus shipping. And be sure to review the return policy..looks like after 30 days you are pretty much on your own.

I would strongly suggest getting that '6 month' warranty in writing.

http://www.carid.com/help-zone/returns/
    i don't think i would chance it with the 6 month warranty cause i got a set of taillights that are led and one of the led's is acting up unlucky me it is out of warranty but it is a good choice if someone wanted a aftermarket light but i don't need one thankfully i didn't pay for the set of taillights i have on my truck cause it had got a bit of rear end damage thanks to my dad which ended up breaking the lens on the right taillight.

jasonguti is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    The light I need is for a 02 escalade

ttaleno is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade 03, 88 brougham

got one. its pretty much unused. a couple scratches on it but wrks fine. bought it to retrofit it on another car years ago but never completed it. 200 plus shipping obo. pm me if anything..

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.