Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Speedometer Problems in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I have an old (2003) Escalade ESV For probably 3 months, the speedometer registers higher than the actual speed. At ...
- 06-27-12 08:45 AM #1Cadillac Owners Member
- Automobile(s): 2003 Escalade ESV
- Join Date
- Jun 2012
I have an old (2003) Escalade ESV
For probably 3 months, the speedometer registers higher than the actual speed. At first it was only a little. then gradually got worse. At highway speeds now, the speedometer pegs over 120MPH.
For the experts, a couple of questions:
1. Is this speedometer strictly electronic and the signal to the dash from a computer somewhere else.
2. If it is, there must be a sending unit somewhere
3. Can I check anything to determine whether which part is bad, ie., sending unit or dash unit?
4. If it is the dash, can I use a junkyard replacement or is it locked some way to prevent mileage tampering?
Thanks in advance for any help
- 06-27-12 12:19 PM #2Cadillac Owners Fanatic
- Join Date
- Oct 2004
Re: Speedometer Problems
Search for stepper motor click link
+ Reply to Thread
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts
- PowerTorque Tools - Extension Set
Extension Set - 3/8 Inch Drive; 3 Piece; Includes 3 Inch, 6 Inch, 10 Inch
- PowerTorque Tools - Ratchet Handle & Socket Set
Ratchet Handle & Socket Set - 14 Piece; 1/4" Drive Ratchet Handle & Metric Socket Set
- PowerTorque Tools - Adjustable Wrench
Adjustable Wrench - 8 Inch