How hard it is to install the E&G vertical grill?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, How hard it is to install the E&G vertical grill? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I'm planning to install this grill on my brother-in-law 04 Escalade and would like to know how long it would ...
    vng999 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

How hard it is to install the E&G vertical grill?

I'm planning to install this grill on my brother-in-law 04 Escalade and would like to know how long it would take and any special tool required to complete this job? Any help will greatly appreciate!

TIA,
    David

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

jcmendo01 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: How hard it is to install the E&G vertical grill?

I have an E&G grill on my 04, but I heard that you have to cut something to fit it. I say contact the dealer or your favorite autoshop and ask them.

vng999 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

According to their instructions, cutting is not required. Anyone have any idea?

ALLeyez187onME is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

With my trenz, grille cutting is required, infact, I know for a fact if the grille that you bought, doesnt just pop on top of the factory one, cutting is required, because in order to take out the factory grille you have to cut it out, sad sight to see, so dont mess up when cutting it out. Good luck, hope i helped.

rawdog805 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

hmm so I would need to have someone cut my vehicle in order to use one of these aftermarket grille's???

3S1K is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I got a buddy who will sell me a used E&G vertical grill for $175 but don't want to cut out my old grill.He told me its a bolt a bolt on but IDK.

keefer61 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

i installed mine last night, and it took about 1 hour. prett easy and loks greatt!!

rokum99 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Black Escalade EXT

The only "cutting" is to the original grille. There are tabs that hold the inner grille to the painted surround. You can just grind them down. Kit comes with 3M tape to put the painted surround back on. Grille itself does bolt on.

Grilles R Us is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I'd be happy to get you the instructions but would probably take till Monday if you are interested. That's all we sell and the instructions are pretty straight forward on their grilles. I just don't have the manuals for this at the moment.Bill

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.