Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Rear Vent Problem

4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  kkayden 
#1 ·
I am new to this board but yesterday my wife told me her 2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV wasn't blowing anything from back vents. The front vents were working, but it wasn't blowing cold air with A/C. I checked fuses, I tried to reset computers by unhooking battery for 30 minutes. I don't know if it's related but the rear controls won't change the radio either. I have tried every setting Auxilliary, Auto, and put fan on full blast but nothing comes out of vents. Any help would be appreciated. I am fairly handy with cars and would rather not take it to dealer or mechanic.

Thanks,

#3 ·
Does the rear seat audio controls still work the radio functions if yes then it is ok
I have a thread in the FAQ section on how to service the rear air system

If you can go by my how to and remove the rear trim panel we will be able to see if the actuators are responding to the controls (you can do this without removing the panel but hearing the actuators are harder and you don't get to see if they respond to the controls
If they do respond to the controls it is either the blower control module or the blower itself needing replacing the way to tell is to apply 12 volt to the connection of the blower if it runs then it is the module if not it may be both or just the module
Also there is fuse labeled ECC it is in the fuse block on the side of the dash check here first to be sure that this fuse isn't blown.

#4 ·
I had this same issue a couple years ago, my rear blower fan would intermittently work. I thought it was the blower motor going, but it turned out to be a loose pin connector in the passenger side access panel. Below is a copy of the service record which sort of explains the issue.

#5 ·
I decided to take the rear blower control module out and hook the blower motor to a 12 volt battery and it turned on. I now know that it is the blower control module. Can someone help me with the correct part number to buy. The part number that I took out was a Carter Group 9644 with maybe part number of 52409644. I looked online and I have came up with 2 different part numbers that it could be 15-80594 and 15-80568 from AC Delco. Can someone direct me in the right direction.

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.