2002 EXT Immobilizer Problems
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, 2002 EXT Immobilizer Problems in Cadillac Escalade Forums; My 2002 EXT seems to have immobilizer problems & I'm hoping someone can offer a solution. I live in the ...
    Kirk-St-Lucia is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 EXT

2002 EXT Immobilizer Problems

My 2002 EXT seems to have immobilizer problems & I'm hoping someone can offer a solution.

I live in the Caribbean and there's no Caddy dealer here.

This problem 1st appeared when I was low on fuel and the truck shut down while I was driving.

I refilled it but after that it keeps shutting down randomly either while I'm driving, or it just won't restart after I shut off the engine.
    Then maybe 2 hours later it will restart without a problem.

When it shuts down there's no spark and no fuel however the engine swings over just fine.

The problem is not my battery as the battery is quite new and a diagnostic tool showed no error codes.

My electrical guy seems to think that the truck's immobilizer is kicking in and shutting down the system which is why we're not getting
    any fuel, nor spark.

Any ideas would be much appreciated as I have a guy who's interested in the truck but only if I fix the problem...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    The passlock system can cause this issue if it goes bad but so can the alarm I don't know If your truck has the passlock or pass key system due to the year.

Re: 2002 EXT Immobilizer Problems

Thx Caddy Man,

I'll Checked my service manual and found that I have a pass lock system. I'll pass this info on to my guy & see what he comes up with.

Once again Many Thx,

Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk-St-Lucia View Post
    Thx Caddy Man,

I'll Checked my service manual and found that I have a pass lock system. I'll pass this info on to my guy & see what he comes up with.

Once again Many Thx,

Kirk
    then it either the pass lock system due to wear in the key switch or the factory alarm going nuts.

I've got about 100K miles on the truck & although I've had it since 2007 I've only done about 15K miles on it so I'd think the pass loack system still has some life in it.

Any recommendations for determining if it's the pass lock system or the alarm? Maybe I can disconnect the alarm. With only 2 trucks like mine in St Lucia and us being an island that is 27 miles long & 14 miles wide with 170K people I'm not too worried about someone stealing it!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk-St-Lucia View Post
    I've got about 100K miles on the truck & although I've had it since 2007 I've only done about 15K miles on it so I'd think the pass loack system still has some life in it.

Any recommendations for determining if it's the pass lock system or the alarm? Maybe I can disconnect the alarm. With only 2 trucks like mine in St Lucia and us being an island that is 27 miles long & 14 miles wide with 170K people I'm not too worried about someone stealing it!
    try spraying a bit of wd-40 in the key switch i am not sure it will work but it is worth a try.

Wow! Doesn't get more hi tech than that!

I'll give it a try & see what happens...

Thx Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk-St-Lucia
    Wow! Doesn't get more hi tech than that!

I'll give it a try & see what happens...

Thx Buddy
    It's the country boy way to fix somethings when they go nuts.

wesyder is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
    The ecu can also be sent out for a performance program installed and the immobilizer program removed, I have to try to remember where I sent it and the price

Hi Everyone,

So my mechanic has determined that the computer is the culprit so I'm arranging to get a new computer.

So Thx 4 all the help...

Kirk

Hi Everyone,

So my mechanic has determined that the computer is the culprit so I'm arranging to get a new computer.

So Thx 4 all the help...

Kirk
    Ouch I know that can be pricey but at least it will be fixed.

Ouch I know that can be pricey as I lately had to have the PCM replaced on mine.

I think it's gonna cost me about $250 with my for export discount. However someone just told me that I will have to pay to get it unlocked. Does this make sense? I'll call Cadillac tomorrow to ask them about this as my spare parts guy in Miami didn't mention this when he quoted me the price and this is a GM Dealer

I think it's gonna cost me about $250 with my for export discount. However someone just told me that I will have to pay to get it unlocked. Does this make sense? I'll call Cadillac tomorrow to ask them about this as my spare parts guy in Miami didn't mention this when he quoted me the price and this is a GM Dealer

I'd say so if they say it records the vin number which I know the powertrain control module,truck body control, the radio not sure on the amp but my guess is yes so I'd say it will need to be programmed to your truck in order for it work right.
    Most of the radio programming applies to 03 and up the rest is for all.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.