2002 EXT Immobilizer Problems - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, 2002 EXT Immobilizer Problems in Cadillac Escalade Forums; OK so who does the programming? Can it just be done based of my VIN atthe time of purchase or ...
    Kirk-St-Lucia is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 EXT

Re: 2002 EXT Immobilizer Problems

OK so who does the programming? Can it just be done based of my VIN atthe time of purchase or must it be done with the new pcm on the truck?

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk-St-Lucia View Post
    OK so who does the programming? Can it just be done based of my VIN atthe time of purchase or must it be done with the new pcm on the truck?
    whenever a new module such as a pcm or tbc has to be programmed it is when it's in the truck and the gm dealer can do this after installing the module you need.
    the vin can be used to buy a aftermarket pcm but you have to have exact mileage and there is still no assurance that it would work after you install it trust me on this leave this to the dealer you will thank me in the long run as it will be problematic for you.

Kirk-St-Lucia is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 EXT

Thx Caddy Man...problem though is how to accomplish the programming with the truck outside the US& no Caddy dealer where I'm at?

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk-St-Lucia
    Thx Caddy Man...problem though is how to accomplish the programming with the truck outside the US& no Caddy dealer where I'm at?
    If you have access to a gm dealer it can be done.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.