2002 Escalade questions....Interior (cupholder cover problem)
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, 2002 Escalade questions....Interior (cupholder cover problem) in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hey guys, I got a couple of questions about the center console. 1st my lid/cover where you'd put your soda/coffee ...
    rsoaker27 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade

2002 Escalade questions....Interior (cupholder cover problem)

Hey guys,

I got a couple of questions about the center console. 1st my lid/cover where you'd put your soda/coffee wont stay shut..I dont see any damage..was just wondering where/if theres some sort of locking mechanism that im missing.

2nd..on the back of the console where media controls are for back seat..theres 2 12v plugs but missing the covers..is there a website where I can buy 2 of those.

Thanks in advance guys

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade

Re: 2002 Escalade questions....Interior (cupholder cover problem)

i am going to ask you before i tell you how to remove the cupholders do you feel like taking your dash apart??

jnrsesv is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '05 ESV Platinum

here you go on the cupholder free fix!

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...pen-fix-w.html

gmercedesbenz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by rsoaker27 View Post
    I got a couple of questions about the center console. 1st my lid/cover where you'd put your soda/coffee wont stay shut..I dont see any damage..was just wondering where/if theres some sort of locking mechanism that im missing.
    Looks like others have provided some good info on this issue, but yes there is a locking mechanism underneath the door and you have to take apart your center console to get to it. It's not an extremely difficult task, just requires some time and patience. It's like a giant puzzle, all the pieces have to come off and go on in the right order.

Quote Originally Posted by rsoaker27 View Post
    2nd..on the back of the console where media controls are for back seat..theres 2 12v plugs but missing the covers..is there a website where I can buy 2 of those.
    So you can purchase these off of sites like GM Parts Direct or Rock Auto. Believe it or not, they can run about $30-60 per cover. No that's not a typo, expect to pay $50 bucks per cover lol. I know, crazy. Make sure you get the correct color! Shale is tan, Pewter is grey.

Now replacing those things is an interesting task. You start out by taking apart the console like you would for the cup holders. Then you disassemble the back of the console, because the base of the cover has two phillips head screws coming from the inside of the console to hold it in place. It's definitely worth the time, having mine broken off drove me nuts.

You can take apart the console for both of these fixes with basic tools. Just go slow, have a bunch of foam cups to put your screws in and be gentle when removing trim pieces to avoid breaking a clip. Also make notes of how things look as you take them apart and if necessary, take pictures.

Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by gmercedesbenz View Post
    Looks like others have provided some good info on this issue, but yes there is a locking mechanism underneath the door and you have to take apart your center console to get to it. It's not an extremely difficult task, just requires some time and patience. It's like a giant puzzle, all the pieces have to come off and go on in the right order.

So you can purchase these off of sites like GM Parts Direct or Rock Auto. Believe it or not, they can run about $30-60 per cover. No that's not a typo, expect to pay $50 bucks per cover lol. I know, crazy. Make sure you get the correct color! Shale is tan, Pewter is grey.

Now replacing those things is an interesting task. You start out by taking apart the console like you would for the cup holders. Then you disassemble the back of the console, because the base of the cover has two phillips head screws coming from the inside of the console to hold it in place. It's definitely worth the time, having mine broken off drove me nuts.

You can take apart the console for both of these fixes with basic tools. Just go slow, have a bunch of foam cups to put your screws in and be gentle when removing trim pieces to avoid breaking a clip. Also make notes of how things look as you take them apart and if necessary, take pictures.

Good Luck!
    Yeah I managed to find them on the GM parts website..couldnt believe they were that much...and I assume I need to purchase 2 as there both missing. But yeah It will drive me crazy with them missing...thanks again for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by gmercedesbenz View Post

Good Luck!
    Yeah I managed to find them on the GM parts website..couldnt believe they were that much...and I assume I need to purchase 2 as there both missing. But yeah It will drive me crazy with them missing...thanks again for the info.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.