Soon to be new owner. Rear view mirror out/airbag light on dash on?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Soon to be new owner. Rear view mirror out/airbag light on dash on? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I am close to finalizing a deal on a '04 Escalade. Private party deal, and it is in immaculate condition ...
    Snowboarder is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac Escalade AWD 6.0

Soon to be new owner. Rear view mirror out/airbag light on dash on?

I am close to finalizing a deal on a '04 Escalade. Private party deal, and it is in immaculate condition with one exception. There was a red airbag light, lit up on the dash when I drove it, and also the rear view mirror compass was out. The owner said that there was actually a fuse blown for the rear view mirror, and that was also causing the passenger airbag dash light to light up. Is that true? Which fuse do I replace if so? Seemed plausible since the mirror appears to have some sort of airbag indicator on it as well (atleast the mirror says passenger air bag).

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade

Re: Soon to be new owner. Rear view mirror out/airbag light on dash on?

is your a/c controls working if yes then your rearview mirror should work cause they are on the same fuse if no then you need to check the hvac 1 fuse in the fuse panel on the side of the dash there also a fuse for the air bag in the under hood fuse block labeled sir and it is for the air bags if both fuses are good then i suggest going to a dealer to have the truck probed with the tech-2 since there may be codes as to why it is doing this but check the fuses first before going as it could be just a blown fuse.

also CONGRATS on the escalade i know you will love it.

Snowboarder is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac Escalade AWD 6.0

Ok picked up the truck today. Took me a while to figure out but it ended up being the SIR fuse. Popped in a new 15A and the mirror lights up and the airbag light went away. The previous owner said it blows quite frequently so there must be a short under one of the seats somewhere. I'll save that project for another day.

Quick shot i snapped:

the cadillac man is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade

sounds like there is a short check the wires to make sure they ain't getting in the seat tracks on either seat which can cause them to chafe and in turn short out btw love the grille looks great what color is the truck?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.