antifreeze/04 cadillac escalade
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By osure
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, antifreeze/04 cadillac escalade in Cadillac Escalade Forums; i put antifreeze in reservoir on saturday. on sunday all antifreeze was gone. light comes on that says coolant is ...
    hwoodjones is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 escalade

antifreeze/04 cadillac escalade

i put antifreeze in reservoir on saturday. on sunday all antifreeze was gone. light comes on that says coolant is overheating.
    is this a thermostatt problem?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by hwoodjones
    i put antifreeze in reservoir on saturday. on sunday all antifreeze was gone. light comes on that says coolant is overheating.
    is this a thermostatt problem?
    Are you leaving a spot where you park? If yes that will indicate a leak if not then it is your temp sensor is failing

osure is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 escalade

Re: antifreeze/04 cadillac escalade

If there is no leak look in radiator see if there is oil sounds like a head gasket leak
    bpc87 and bpc87 like this.

bpc87 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

yup what osure said is exactly what i was gonna say sounds like your on your way to a blown head gasket my friend. Its not bad though i mean i have had mine for five years and i have been burning antifreeze for 2 yrs so when its down i fill it up same with oil.

Quote Originally Posted by bpc87 View Post
    yup what osure said is exactly what i was gonna say sounds like your on your way to a blown head gasket my friend. Its not bad though i mean i have had mine for five years and i have been burning antifreeze for 2 yrs so when its down i fill it up same with oil.
    you do know that ain't good on your engine???

You are right it isn't good on motor but you could run that way for a short while but motor will prob. Start overheating then you create more issues

Quote Originally Posted by osure
    You are right it isn't good on motor but you could run that way for a short while but motor will prob. Start overheating then you create more issues
    Yes it won't hurt for a short trip but the last poster said his was like that for two years not good .

I wonder what the o2s look like

Quote Originally Posted by osure
    I wonder what the o2s look like
    Look as in body style??

ya do u mean 02 escalade or o2 sensor and i know its not good no money in the budget to fix what idk is wrong guys. To be honest i think the dealer sold it to me that way but who knows

and if you mean 02 yr the interior is different like little things like the dash cluster which i like the best out of any years also the 2 consoles one small one on top and your regular one have no idea why they got rid of thay feature or moved the SIC (Secondary Information computer) to on the dash its another thing i like right where it is way easiier to use while driving and bigger than the dash one where iits just where the odometer readout is. I mean from the inside of the 02 just little things like the dash cluster you can tell they were trying to make a statement because that thing just screams money but is the coolest out of all of them i actually have a pic of mine i was trying to send to a chick that just got an 04 EXT. They say its to big google it im sure someone has one online its just the little things that im gonna miss when i gotta get a new one. The only thing i couldnt really get in a new one to feel like mine is the SIC hahahaha

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.