One more air ride question
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, One more air ride question in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Went through a lot of threads I know my compressor will turn on I have it out of the truck. ...
    osure is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 escalade

One more air ride question

Went through a lot of threads I know my compressor will turn on I have it out of the truck. The service air ride light is on. Compressor work last wk when I towed the boat then light came on and didn't hear compressor. So took it out I read that the selonoid need to be 21ohms and I only get 4 and when I put power to it nothing happen so I am thinking of getting arnott new pump but am still if selonoid is bad compressor should have still came on.

So now I am just second guessing myself help

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade

Re: One more air ride question

if you are getting the service ride control message then yes the whole compressor has to be replaced it can be repaired but you have to ask yourself how long will it last if you do have the compressor repaired that you have now.

I agree with that but would the selonoid make the compressor not turn on? Just don't want to buy parts and still not fix it

Quote Originally Posted by osure
    I agree with that but would the selonoid make the compressor not turn on? Just don't want to buy parts and still not fix it
    Yes, cause it makes the ride control module throw a code I know my compressor motor is good but cause the solenoid has failed it won't function.

Great then I am getting the part btw how is your running now

Quote Originally Posted by osure
    Great then I am getting the part btw how is your running now
    I haven't had the time to bench test the pump motor to see how well it works yet.

Will have the new one on fri 210 from suncore came with the drier and the pressure switch so hopefully it will be fixed then only thing left will be seat heater to fix

cadillac.joe.2002 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 escalade luxury

@ osure... Mine too is jacked up. My kids were fooling around in my truck with it running and out of nowhere my message screen in the top left of cluster read simultaniously "SERVICE RIDE CONTROL - CHECK STABILITY SYSTEM" oh and not only that, but my heated seats and rear central air system went out as well. I looked everywhere in all my fuse boxes and not one of these components were labled and so I began pulling all fuses until I found that burnt one causing all this mumbo jumbo to my ride and I found that special fuse and replaced it and evrything was working good again. The air lift generator sounded and lifted the truck, my seat warmers powered on and the rear air was back in action but after I shut off the ignition and restarted the engine, popped that fuse again... I am so irritated with this and unplugged everything and still popping fuses. So now I'm in search of a wire diagram that actually shows what components are actually wired to each fuse in these fuse boxes. Oh yeah buddy, before you go spending funds that you may not need to, open driver door and remove triangle shaped panel and top left will be a 10 amp fuse (red) labeled IGN 3. Give this a try first before you do anything else. Oh and if anybody has knowledge on what is wired to IGN 3, please let me know.............. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac.joe.2002 View Post
    @ osure... Mine too is jacked up. My kids were fooling around in my truck with it running and out of nowhere my message screen in the top left of cluster read simultaniously "SERVICE RIDE CONTROL - CHECK STABILITY SYSTEM" oh and not only that, but my heated seats and rear central air system went out as well. I looked everywhere in all my fuse boxes and not one of these components were labled and so I began pulling all fuses until I found that burnt one causing all this mumbo jumbo to my ride and I found that special fuse and replaced it and evrything was working good again. The air lift generator sounded and lifted the truck, my seat warmers powered on and the rear air was back in action but after I shut off the ignition and restarted the engine, popped that fuse again... I am so irritated with this and unplugged everything and still popping fuses. So now I'm in search of a wire diagram that actually shows what components are actually wired to each fuse in these fuse boxes. Oh yeah buddy, before you go spending funds that you may not need to, open driver door and remove triangle shaped panel and top left will be a 10 amp fuse (red) labeled IGN 3. Give this a try first before you do anything else. Oh and if anybody has knowledge on what is wired to IGN 3, please let me know.............. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    um you need some spaces in there but it sounds like you have a short in a seat module cause they get power as soon as the key is on if everything else works rear air, air compressor and the seat warmers are all on the same fuse and if one has a short in the module it will blow the fuse also try not to threadjack plus kids left in a running truck is not something i suggest unless someone is with them.

Quote Originally Posted by osure View Post
    Will have the new one on fri 210 from suncore came with the drier and the pressure switch so hopefully it will be fixed then only thing left will be seat heater to fix
    keep me informed of how it turns out.

cadillac.joe.2002 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 escalade luxury

@ the cadillac man... I have no idea what a threadjack is and their mother was in the truck with them, but thanks for your input on this issue. I know for a fact that all my components are working fine, however one of the three or four units are causing this fuse to blow as soon as I turn key over to accessory. I did check my memory seats buttons and those are not working either, so could it also be that as well? Is this the seat module you were refering to??

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac.joe.2002
    @ the cadillac man... I have no idea what a threadjack is and their mother was in the truck with them, but thanks for your input on this issue. I know for a fact that all my components are working fine, however one of the three or four units are causing this fuse to blow as soon as I turn key over to accessory. I did check my memory seats buttons and those are not working either, so could it also be that as well? Is this the seat module you were refering to??
    The memory and heated seat features are worked by a module under the driver's side seat,

the heated seat on the passenger side is worked by a module under the passenger side seat,

given that you said the memory seat function isn't working also it sounds like the seat module has a short in it unless the wires under the front seats has gotten chafed and is shorting out causing the fuse the blow every time.

worked great nice module. plug and play replace

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.