What to look for in 2k Escalade? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, What to look for in 2k Escalade? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Yeah, that 02 seems...I don't know, I would be leery of it too. Something does not smell right. Keep in ...
    mitch2264 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade Platinum

Re: What to look for in 2k Escalade?

Yeah, that 02 seems...I don't know, I would be leery of it too. Something does not smell right. Keep in mind that the Impala would have about the same engine and transmission of the 2000 Escalade--5.7 and that is usually mated to a 4L60E transmission--with the same a/c compressor, etc. Check out the older truck and see about it.

Decisions, decisions

Pun90 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '97 Deville

The guy with the 2k hasn't answered my calls and I haven't seen it on C-List anymore. Maybe he sold it already . There's this other 2000 Escalade I called for more information but the guy doesn't seem too sure of its working condition. Doesn't "remember" last time it was in for emissions either and it's in storage. X'ed that one off my list. Now I have been eye-ing an '03 with 110k miles since it dropped $1000. Hopefully the guy gets anxious and lowers the price a little more... then I will go in for the kill.

mitch2264 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade Platinum

Sounds like you are able to play the waiting game--which is good! I have found that if you are patient, something will fall into your lap. Out of curiosity, have you been looking at autotrader.com too? I like that because you can search "x" amount of miles outside of your zip code. I really like craigslist, but man, oh man, everyday the news here in Atlanta has a story about someone getting scammed off of craigslist.

Yeah, I try to be patient I don't want to settle for less and end up regretting it in a couple weeks when something better comes along. I have went into autotrader a few times but I check craigslist more often since they update daily. The last two cars I've bought have been from there and a third from cars.com. I sold my last two on craigslist also. Knock on wood grain i haven't been scammed yet. Always meet up in an public area with cameras and lots of people around and with a couple extra guys for back up. When I was selling my Deville I had goofs calling me at 2am asking to meet up with them that they had cash ready. They would tell me a life story of what they were planning on doing to the car. I would just hang up on them it did get annoying. I think it would be the same with auto trader if I am buying from a private party that person could be the craziest out there or the most humble. Even if it's from a dealership they are known for scamming people too... legally. As soon as i drive off the lot that car is worth $3000 less at least. I do know a couple guys that have been scammed from craigslist but that is because they asked their cars be shipped to them from a different state they never get to look the car over. One guy I think his car had rusted out floors under new carpet and it wouldn't go over 30 mph. Pictures can be deceiving like a fat chick on facebook just taking a picture from above her neck line.

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by Pun90
    Yeah, I try to be patient I don't want to settle for less and end up regretting it in a couple weeks when something better comes along. I have went into autotrader a few times but I check craigslist more often since they update daily. The last two cars I've bought have been from there and a third from cars.com. I sold my last two on craigslist also. Knock on wood grain i haven't been scammed yet. Always meet up in an public area with cameras and lots of people around and with a couple extra guys for back up. When I was selling my Deville I had goofs calling me at 2am asking to meet up with them that they had cash ready. They would tell me a life story of what they were planning on doing to the car. I would just hang up on them it did get annoying. I think it would be the same with auto trader if I am buying from a private party that person could be the craziest out there or the most humble. Even if it's from a dealership they are known for scamming people too... legally. As soon as i drive off the lot that car is worth $3000 less at least. I do know a couple guys that have been scammed from craigslist but that is because they asked their cars be shipped to them from a different state they never get to look the car over. One guy I think his car had rusted out floors under new carpet and it wouldn't go over 30 mph. Pictures can be deceiving like a fat chick on facebook just taking a picture from above her neck line.
    You are really great at the waiting but I'd still say the 03 will be a great deal if the seller will work with you the main thing is to look it over and make sure that it is in good shape before dropping the cash that is what I did before I got my 03 and I did test drive it before I got it and found the air shock compressor was shot but I used it to my advantage by getting the price lowered at the dealer before I got it.

Yeah, I will test drive it hard without a doubt. Have to give it a stress test. If it doesn't pass it's not healthy enough for me. I saw an Impala SS on C-List yesterday and it's real tempting. I need an Escalade but i want an Impala SS, it's hard.

Yeah, I will test drive it hard without a doubt. Have to give it a stress test. If it doesn't pass it's not healthy enough for me. I saw an Impala SS on C-List yesterday and it's real tempting. I need an Escalade but i want an Impala SS, it's hard.
    You will love a escalade it has the power of the impala SS but is a lot better in both comfort and features plus if you get one with all wheel drive it can be drive year round without worry of being stuck in snow.
    If it weren't for needing a four wheel drive I'd have a corvette or a cts.

Yup it's just what I need one for. Not much snow fell last winter here in Chicago, but even with a couple inches that did the SS didn't do so well in it. Might have been more of a tire type issue. I prefer having one tire through out the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Pun90 View Post
    Yup it's just what I need one for. Not much snow fell last winter here in Chicago, but even with a couple inches that did the SS didn't do so well in it. Might have been more of a tire type issue. I prefer having one tire through out the year.
    i know how you feel there as those have seem to have went up lately.

Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man View Post
    i know how you feel there as those have seem to have went up lately.
    The all season tire?

The all season tire?
    Mine are for on and off road use.

Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man View Post
    Mine are for on and off road use.
    Sounds expensive. Are they more expensive than a vouge?

Sounds expensive. Are they more expensive than a vouge?
    They were about 700.00 including having the front end aligned made it a bit more.

Thats not too bad for an suv tire.

Thats not too bad for an suv tire.
    For a set of four Goodyear wranglers at/s tires in the size I got it is a great deal I went a size bigger then stock as I like a bit bigger tire for where I live.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.