Temperature Gauge Fluctuates
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Temperature Gauge Fluctuates in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hi, So today I turned on the front a/c of my 2004 Escalade and everything was working great. Nice and ...
    8mycsh is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac Escalade

Temperature Gauge Fluctuates

Hi,

So today I turned on the front a/c of my 2004 Escalade and everything was working great. Nice and cold as expected. I then turned on the rear a/c and it was blowing semi cold air. I looked down at my dash and then engine temperature gauge was fluctuating. It would bounce up and down. So I popped the hood and checked everything as far as leaks, overflow and everything looked good. The rad was just flushed last fall. I looked back and it was still bouncing. I turned off the rear a/c and it leveled out and stayed steady and normal.

So my question is: Does the rear a/c not blow as cold as the front? I am assuming not since the air has to travel to the rear.
    And second what would cause the temperature gauge to bounce only when the rear a/c is on?

I told the dealership about it and they said bad instrument cluster. I find that hard to believe since it only happens with the rear a/c on.
    Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade

Re: Temperature Gauge Fluctuates

i'd say you have a sensor or stepper motor(more likely the stepper motor)you will get a engine overheat message in the dic if it is the sensor.

as far as the a/c goes they both will blow ice cold air if you set them to 60 so air travel has nothing to do with it as the rear has a intake inside the truck
    just make sure that if you have the dealer replace your cluster that they reprogram it right.

and trust me the computer systems in these trucks can do some real crazy stuff when something goes bad(e.g. fried pcm will make the tbc not to communicate with the tech-2 kind of crazy stuff.)i know as i had it happen to me and it ain't fun when your truck dies in the middle of a parking lot.

Caddy2004X is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac Escalade EXT

If the stepper motor was bad it would go crazy everytime you started your vehicle. I would start with the level of freon you have in the vehicle, it may be low, which would mean you have a very slow leak. Freon doesn't act like gas, as it's in a solid system. Next I would check the temp gauge. If all is good then you have a bigger issue, like a clogged evapator.

HALL1343 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade ESV

One thing to remember (as far as the rear A/C not being as cold) is that when the air is coming out of the roof vents, the outside environment CAN influence the air temperature for the first few minutes but it should 'even out' fairly soon.

When I first purchased our 2005 ESV in Florida it was May and about 6 of us had gone to the store. I parked in partial shade (because some people were waiting in the vehicle while others made a quick run into the store). After being parked just 15 minutes or so, when I first started the engine and A/C again, the first air that came out was pretty warm from being up against the ceiling of the vehicle and the sun beating down on it. After a few minutes it was just as cool as the front though...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.