Aftermarket Head Unit Adapter For Use With Factory System - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Aftermarket Head Unit Adapter For Use With Factory System in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Originally Posted by chrischelle I tried to install Kenwood head unit DNX6990HD with adapter GMOS-100 on 2004 Escalade. Everything seems ...
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by chrischelle
    I tried to install Kenwood head unit DNX6990HD with adapter GMOS-100 on 2004 Escalade.
    Everything seems working fine except the factory CD changer not functioning.
    Please advise which adaptor should I use to connect CD changer, since there are few adapters come
    with GMOS-100 I did not use. Because those are for 2007-2011 Escalade.
    Also, which wire should I connect in order to play DVD while the vehicle in motion instead of parking.
    My intend is for passenger be able to view DVD.
    Any help and response will be greatly appreciated..
    I hate to break it to you but now your cd changer is just a brick since you have the aftermarket radio.
    (disclaimer I am not to held responsible if you get caught by the cops as this is illegal)
    Now as far as the DVD enabler wire it is most time a ground wire and you can hook a switch in between it and the ground point you connect it and work the switch like you would the park brake I did this with a dual nav/DVD unit I had in my previous car and it worked like a charm until I got rid of the car(I kept the radio)

CRSO is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 ESV

Re: Aftermarket Head Unit Adapter For Use With Factory System

Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man View Post
    I hate to break it to you but now your cd changer is just a brick since you have the aftermarket radio.
    (disclaimer I am not to held responsible if you get caught by the cops as this is illegal)
    Now as far as the DVD enabler wire it is most time a ground wire and you can hook a switch in between it and the ground point you connect it and work the switch like you would the park brake I did this with a dual nav/DVD unit I had in my previous car and it worked like a charm until I got rid of the car(I kept the radio)
    What he said ^

I used a PAC TR7. Note, you will only use a few wires. Red to the GMOS ignition wire, black to GMOS ground and the appropriate color to the HEAD UNIT wire harness. Do NOT hook up the parking brake wire in the GMOS harness. Tape that wire up and put it aside. The TR7 will send the proper signal to your head unit. If you hook up the parking brake wire from the factory truck wiring, it will defeat the purpose.

There you go, now you can watch Scarface while driving.

chrischelle is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade

The Cadillac man, CRSO. Thank you so much for your help, you are the best.
    Now I got the Kenwood DNX6990HD work the way I wanted. But there's one problem, high pitch noise when engine running and worse when accelerating (Pitch noise like drilling going on in dentist office)
    Any suggestion for me to do to get rid of this noise will be greatly appreciated.

CRSO is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 ESV

Quote Originally Posted by chrischelle View Post
    The Cadillac man, CRSO. Thank you so much for your help, you are the best.
    Now I got the Kenwood DNX6990HD work the way I wanted. But there's one problem, high pitch noise when engine running and worse when accelerating (Pitch noise like drilling going on in dentist office)
    Any suggestion for me to do to get rid of this noise will be greatly appreciated.
    Ground Loop Isolator

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.