05 escalade ext rear shocks and compressor
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, 05 escalade ext rear shocks and compressor in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I replaced the compressor and rear shocks with ac delco parts (22187154 rear shocks and 15254590 compressor from gm parts ...
    scottg05 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 escalade ext

05 escalade ext rear shocks and compressor

I replaced the compressor and rear shocks with ac delco parts (22187154 rear shocks and 15254590 compressor from gm parts direct). The compressor comes on when i start the truck and seems to sit good. Trouble is the ride is horrible, hit a bump and sounds like the whole rear end is rattling. Very rough riding not smooth like before. Does the auto air ride adjust need to be reset somehow?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

cashmereDTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 Cadillac DTS, 2004 Cadillac Escalade

Re: 05 escalade ext rear shocks and compressor

I replaced my rear compressor assembly and rear shocks (except I bought the monroe air shocks, very similar if not the came compared to the ac delco except for price) back in January. In all honesty, my escalade seemed to ride a touch firmer compared to before the repair but not extreamly harsh at all. The only real noticable difference was that the rear end of my escalade didn't squat anymore when pulling heavy loads. If your ride is noticably different under normal driving conditions, something else could be effecting it. What kind of condition are your springs in?

scottg05 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 escalade ext

The springs seem good. The shocks just dont seem to eat up the bumps like they did before. The compressor also rattles around on every bump it does have rubber isolators but did you use the ones that came with the compressor or order new ones? I am wondering if there is a way to test the auto ride to see if the new shocks are just pumped up too much? Kind of has the feel of overinflated tires.

cashmereDTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 Cadillac DTS, 2004 Cadillac Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by scottg05 View Post
    The compressor also rattles around on every bump it does have rubber isolators but did you use the ones that came with the compressor or order new ones?
    My compressor does not rattle around at all. I bought my compressor assembly (part number 15254590, same as yours) from partszoneonline then had my dealer install it. I'm assuming the dealer used whatever the new compressor assembly came with.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by scottg05 View Post
    I am wondering if there is a way to test the auto ride to see if the new shocks are just pumped up too much? Kind of has the feel of overinflated tires.
    I can only speak as to what my new compressor is doing, but mine fires up every time i start the vehicle for about 5 seconds then stops. My rear end never seems jacked up even when i'm towing. The rear end is always level. I'm thinking that maybe the release valve is not releasing the air from your shocks when its supposed to but if that was the case, your rear end would always be jacked up. Not to mention, if you bought a new compressor assembly (which is part number 15254590) it comes with a new release valve, hence, i'm not convinced the release valve would be defective on a new assembly.

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by cashmereDTS

My compressor does not rattle around at all. I bought my compressor assembly (part number 15254590, same as yours) from partszoneonline then had my dealer install it. I'm assuming the dealer used whatever the new compressor assembly came with.

----------

I can only speak as to what my new compressor is doing, but mine fires up every time i start the vehicle for about 5 seconds then stops. My rear end never seems jacked up even when i'm towing. The rear end is always level. I'm thinking that maybe the release valve is not releasing the air from your shocks when its supposed to but if that was the case, your rear end would always be jacked up. Not to mention, if you bought a new compressor assembly (which is part number 15254590) it comes with a new release valve, hence, i'm not convinced the release valve would be defective on a new assembly.
    It can be possible can you can get a defective unit even though it is brand new that is unless the dealer forgot to hook something up right.

----------

To the op NEVER leave the truck when you stuff like this done cause some dealers love to cut corners just to make a extra buck.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.