2004 ESV Driver Seat Heater Issue
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, 2004 ESV Driver Seat Heater Issue in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hi, When I press the butt heater button, I hear a click from under the steering wheel on the left ...
    kippjones is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 ESV & 2008 Escalade

2004 ESV Driver Seat Heater Issue

Hi,
    When I press the butt heater button, I hear a click from under the steering wheel on the left side and the level lights quickly light then turn off. Only once has this heater stayed on and worked correctly. The lumbar heater on the same seat works fine. Any thoughts on what it could be?

Thank you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by kippjones
    Hi,
    When I press the butt heater button, I hear a click from under the steering wheel on the left side and the level lights quickly light then turn off. Only once has this heater stayed on and worked correctly. The lumbar heater on the same seat works fine. Any thoughts on what it could be?

Thank you.
    Sounds like the heater element has failed in the seat bottom but the lower button works both seat bottom and back so both will be on if it is pressed.

Re: 2004 ESV Driver Seat Heater Issue

Let me explain better, nothing comes on when pressing the butt heater button including the lumbar heater. When I press the lumbar button, the lumbar heater comes on just fine.

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by kippjones
    Let me explain better, nothing comes on when pressing the butt heater button including the lumbar heater. When I press the lumbar button, the lumbar heater comes on just fine.
    The cause of this is the heating element in the seat bottom it has gone bad either from age or wear and needs to be replaced hence the reason the seat back heater is the only one that works

pmartell12 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): black 2003 ESV

when you press the seat bottom button, both the back and butt are supposed to come on, but if the butt element is fried, then it will short out and shut off...... it happened in mine a while ago.

Thank you.

Super-G is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

It happened in mine too. If you replaced it how much did it cost?

pmartell12 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): black 2003 ESV

I went online to rockauto.c0m and paid $56 For the bottom, the back was $60.... I watched a few videos on youtube to see how the seat covers came off and swapped them out (I didn'tremove the armrest for the back, i just peeled up the back then slid the heating element up under the seat cover. they come with adhesive on them, so I stuck it on top of the old one, and it was fixed.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.