driving problem on paved road
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, driving problem on paved road in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Please help : I have an 02 escalade with all -wheel drive (6.0 ) Its kind of weird what happened ...
    seaman.40 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 02 Esacalade

driving problem on paved road

Please help : I have an 02 escalade with all -wheel drive (6.0 ) Its kind of weird what happened , I think it has to do with the kind of paved road, when I am making the turn its kind of jumping, only happends on specific kind of paved road like a new gas stations. Please anybody had that problem before ? there is anyway that I can disconnect all-wheel drive because I dont see any button on the 02 escalade . thanks in advance.

Rob

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler

Re: driving problem on paved road

The only time you'll notice AWD on dry pavement is when you turn sharply. It's normal and not a problem, and every AWD vehicle I've owned does it.

There is no way to disconnect the AWD. If you wanted a 2wd you should've bought a 2wd.
    The above post is my 2 cents....nothing more.

Thanks, it is happen even with just a little bit of turn. I didn't mean to disconnect it but I think some cars you can choose to engage it or not

gmercedesbenz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade

Re: driving problem on paved road

Just to echo Rolex, this is normal, its called "crabbing". All AWD vehicles experience this issue, especially larger vehicles with larger tires. You'll also notice that in places like parking garages your wheels with squawk when making turns, even though you aren't going fast. Again, totally normal.

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by gmercedesbenz
    Just to echo Rolex, this is normal, its called "crabbing". All AWD vehicles experience this issue, especially larger vehicles with larger tires. You'll also notice that in places like parking garages your wheels with squawk when making turns, even though you aren't going fast. Again, totally normal.
    I agree it is normel and does take a bit getting used to I know from making mine do the squawk from it crabbing when I have the steering turned tight in a parking lot so it is best to not worry about it.

Thanks guys

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.