Brembo looking brake calipers for $40 -PICS INSIDE-
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Brembo looking brake calipers for $40 -PICS INSIDE- in Cadillac Escalade Forums; So I've always wanted a big brake Brembo kit but their thousands of dollars so why not settle for the ...
    Coops5087 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 03 Diamond White Escalade

Brembo looking brake calipers for $40 -PICS INSIDE-

So I've always wanted a big brake Brembo kit but their thousands of dollars so why not settle for the Brembo look? I ordered these on Ebay not wanting to deal with painting my calipers but Im going to end up painting them anyways so it'll look better, cleaner and it'll make the caliper look bigger. I just ordered Cross Drilled rotors that I'll be putting on this week and I think it'll look A LOT better with those. Overall I think its a better look than just painting them and they actually look real. Let me know what you guys think!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

mikedyk43 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Escalade
    OK, I guess I will be the one to say it, they are cheesy! They are the equivalent of a fake Rolex. If you want status points for having the best, then you have to pay for it. The worst part is that you are putting these on a luxury SUV. Imagine that same fake Rolex on the wrist of a man wearing an Armani suit, it just doesn't make sense. You might fool some people with these while you're moving, but as soon as someone gets close enough to see that they are fake, they will either mock you to your face or quietly behind your back. I apologize if this sounds harsh, I don't mean to be a dick. Just don't fake the funk, either fork over the cash for the real thing or except the fact that you have a budget (like everyone else) and $4000 brakes don't fit in that budget. Again, just being honest, not trying to attack you.
    Rolex, Rolex, Chris__B and 3 others like this.

Chris__B is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Re: Brembo looking brake calipers for $40 -PICS INSIDE-

I've always wanted a Rolls-Royce, but might just get a 300C and put a fake RR grille in it.

If you're looking for anyone that believes fake plastic caliper covers look cool, I'm certainly not one of them. I'll bet the real Brembo legal team is going after these guys just like the rest of the copyright infringers out there. Keeps their lawyers from getting bored. I hope those clowns get nailed.

You've seen what happens when one of these falls off and gets wedged into the wheel, right?

I appreciate your honesty mikedyk43 and def understand where you are coming from. I know your not being a dick and thats why I absolutely love this forum. I can come to you guys and you'll be real with me. You won't shoot me down like a lot of another forums do but you break it to me how you should. Thanks for that. Im not necessarily trying to fool people, I just like the look of big red calipers and painting them to me looks worse when they start chipping cause they always do. I know there kinda cheesy and I prob won't keep them on for long but for now, they look good while driving, draw attention to the wheels and for normal people they see these and like the look of them. they don't know the difference between $4000 brakes or these $40 covers. But in all honesty, I will prob take them off and just try to do a good paint job on them.

the cadillac man is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by Coops5087
    I appreciate your honesty mikedyk43 and def understand where you are coming from. I know your not being a dick and thats why I absolutely love this forum. I can come to you guys and you'll be real with me. You won't shoot me down like a lot of another forums do but you break it to me how you should. Thanks for that. Im not necessarily trying to fool people, I just like the look of big red calipers and painting them to me looks worse when they start chipping cause they always do. I know there kinda cheesy and I prob won't keep them on for long but for now, they look good while driving, draw attention to the wheels and for normal people they see these and like the look of them. they don't know the difference between $4000 brakes or these $40 covers. But in all honesty, I will prob take them off and just try to do a good paint job on them.
    I agree with mike on this either do it right the first time or not at all cause when you buy cheap that is what you get is cheap as far as the brake difference.
    I may deal more with computers more then my truck but I do know the difference between good top of the line hardware and cheap knockoffs so yes there is a huge difference in the quality of brakes and brembo may be pricey but it is worth the price along as it is installed right.

jnrsesv is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '05 ESV Platinum

Go with a good caliper paint like the one in the link listed below.

I know alot of guys that have used this kit from G2 and if applied correctly it comes out smooth as silk. Many have custom logos that they put on top and clear over, which makes for a really custom finish.

http://www.g2usa.com/

Awesome! Thanks for the info. Thats a good idea. I'll prob do that

wake is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS-V, 2005 Escalade

Aside from the fake comments posted, I'd also be a bit worried about making my vehicle more attractive to theft. A criminal might not know how to spot the fake calipers, but they might have an idea what the real ones are worth. It might make you as much a target for theft as if you had nice big expensive wheels and tires on it.

the cadillac man is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade

Quote Originally Posted by wake View Post
    Aside from the fake comments posted, I'd also be a bit worried about making my vehicle more attractive to theft. A criminal might not know how to spot the fake calipers, but they might have an idea what the real ones are worth. It might make you as much a target for theft as if you had nice big expensive wheels and tires on it.
    i agree if you make it to flashy this might happen to you
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...y-sucks-3.html trust me on this if you keep those covers on your truck you may have a problem with theft.
    p.s. this is also one reason i didn't a hidden install of my speakers and sub so it can be heard and not seen i am even using the stock radio to go a step further in prevention it all cause i don't someone to break into my truck and steal my stuff i even worry about leaving my macbook pro laptop in my truck when i go to get lunch when i am in-between my collage classes so yes theft is a big concern for me.

mosimann is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade EXT

Quote Originally Posted by jnrsesv View Post
    Go with a good caliper paint like the one in the link listed below.

I know alot of guys that have used this kit from G2 and if applied correctly it comes out smooth as silk. Many have custom logos that they put on top and clear over, which makes for a really custom finish.

http://www.g2usa.com/
    What do you suggest to use as a coat?

The guys use the G2 kit for the color coat on the calipers. Then have a vinyl shop cut out some type of logo or words. They apply the custom vinyl decal to the caliper and use a high heat gloss clear coat to "seal" vinyl graphics onto the caliper. This process looks as nice as being powder coated!

This site prevents "copy and paste" from different sites, so sorry no pictures.

slowstang305 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Escalade

I think it looks great and a great idea. The stock one's tend to look terrible after a while and this sure cleans it up.

With having the factory 20's, I painted our calipers with high heat gloss black after a good scrubbing. They blend in with the black wheel wheels nicely. Oh I did keep the stainless tabs on the low pad scraper nice a bright no black paint. I also painted the rotor hubs and the cooling fins black too.

mosimann is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade EXT

Quote Originally Posted by jnrsesv View Post
    With having the factory 20's, I painted our calipers with high heat gloss black after a good scrubbing. They blend in with the black wheel wheels nicely. Oh I did keep the stainless tabs on the low pad scraper nice a bright no black paint. I also painted the rotor hubs and the cooling fins black too.
    Can we see pics?

twooldfarmers is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 98' Seville STS

I have used Duplicolor a few times and have had mixed results with one vehicle and very good results with another and I diligently cleaned both vehicles brakes in the same way.

It the G2 product an absolute slam dunk in terms of results compared to the Duplicolor or can it be a hit-miss thing as well from your experiences?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.