2005 Escalade New Audio Help
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, 2005 Escalade New Audio Help in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hey guys, I have the factory entertainment system in my 2005 Escalade and want to get a totally new system ...
    jv1080 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade

2005 Escalade New Audio Help

Hey guys, I have the factory entertainment system in my 2005 Escalade and want to get a totally new system under $1,500. I want a good Radio/Navigation/MP3/USB (do I need CD anymore?). And a rear DVD with a 10'+ monitor. Is it realistic I can get this under $1,500? If so please tell me what brand I should look at, I have no idea! Thanks guys!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by jv1080
    Hey guys, I have the factory entertainment system in my 2005 Escalade and want to get a totally new system under $1,500. I want a good Radio/Navigation/MP3/USB (do I need CD anymore?). And a rear DVD with a 10'+ monitor. Is it realistic I can get this under $1,500? If so please tell me what brand I should look at, I have no idea! Thanks guys!
    It depends on the head unit and I have been through this before and it is pricey also are you keeping the Bose speakers or not?

Re: 2005 Escalade New Audio Help

yes, I want to keep the speakers as is.

yes, I want to keep the speakers as is.
    Then you will need a radio interface and I have seen it on crutchfield for 100 bucks so it will retain the chimes and onstar as far as the radio goes it is up to you.

I have a dual nav/ DVD unit that I got on sale for 600 bucks when I replaced the stock radio in my last car I removed it before I got rid of the car
    So if you look around you might be able to find a good price on a radio.

The DVD player though you might not want to go so big cause if it is mounted in the stock location(only if you had the factory DVD) then it will block the rear view mirror but if you have already got the player then disregard what I have mentioned.

mikedyk43 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Escalade
    To get a decent nav unit, you are looking at around $1000 and another $200 or so for the install kit, Bose amp adapter and steering wheel controls. That is considering that you are doing the install yourself. That only leaves about $300 for your rear screen, not so good. I am a big fan of Pioneer car stereos and if you have a smartphone (Android or iPhone) you might consider this:

http://pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/C...pRadio.Compare

The bigger screen one only costs $599 and you have Nav, music and many other things straight from your phone. If you went that route, you would then be left with closer to $700 for your rear entertainment, that is a much better figure.

Constance83 is offline Banned

It depends on the head unit and I have been through this before and it is pricey also are you keeping the Bose speakers or not?

fivetsixn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

I wanted to know if there is a size limitation on installing a new double din deck.

TLMC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalade 1969 ss396 chevelle

I just upgraded my system with a pioneer avic-z130bt unit(dvd,satelite radio,hd radio mp3 usb). Two dvd headrest monitors,rear camera,steering wheel interface and interface for chimes, onstar and rear entertainment for 1400.00 in my 2003 escalade. I had trouble with the Axxess interface and went to a pac unit and it works great. I could not believe the difference in the sound with a different head unit and the bose system. Its like night and day.

MrSeville4.9 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1993 Cadillac Seville 4.9, 2004 Cadillac Escalade ESV 6.0
    Tlmc...axxes make gmos right? I was havn a radio installd, and they used the gmos. All of my lights were on, suspension, abs, air bag, all that. So pac is the way to go. Whats the serial # for the pac interface and steering wheel controls?

CRSO is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 ESV

Quote Originally Posted by jv1080 View Post
    A totally new system? Not for 1,500... Do you want subs? If so, you need this: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_161LC2I...l_lc2&skipvs=T

If not, you sure can upgrade the factory unit but there are compromises. I'm extremely partial to Alpine as they have always been the best for car audio and you can never go wrong with them. Eclipse is great. Pioneer and Clarion are good consumer units.

Search around but I wouldn't look for too much info on here. Go over to the car audio dot com forum. The guys can get brutal so do a little research first. You will get all the info you need there...

PS - Get rid of the Bose if you want a "new" system... You can get some component speakers that sound much much better. Most that don't know absolutely love the Bose. To a true audiophile, Bose is far from anything good...

No highs, no lows, it's gotta be Bose...

Quote Originally Posted by CRSO

A totally new system? Not for 1,500... Do you want subs? If so, you need this: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_161LC2I...l_lc2&skipvs=T

If not, you sure can upgrade the factory unit but there are compromises. I'm extremely partial to Alpine as they have always been the best for car audio and you can never go wrong with them. Eclipse is great. Pioneer and Clarion are good consumer units.

Search around but I wouldn't look for too much info on here. Go over to the car audio dot com forum. The guys can get brutal so do a little research first. You will get all the info you need there...

PS - Get rid of the Bose if you want a "new" system... You can get some component speakers that sound much much better. Most that don't know absolutely love the Bose. To a true audiophile, Bose is far from anything good...

No highs, no lows, it's gotta be Bose...
    I agree I switched to infinity speakers and it is like night and day difference I even yanked the stock sub.
    P.s I am a audiophile and the Bose speakers suck I found them to be lacking a certain areas a little in the highs a lot in the midrange plus the sub sounded muddy
    I am used to the older infinity home speakers with the emit ribbon tweeters and I can tell a difference (I am still using the stock radio and amp it ain't the source it is the speakers.

MrSeville4.9 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1993 Cadillac Seville 4.9, 2004 Cadillac Escalade ESV 6.0
    Does anyone know the wattage of the factory amp? Will it push a good set of after market mids and tweets?

Quote Originally Posted by MrSeville4.9
    Does anyone know the wattage of the factory amp? Will it push a good set of after market mids and tweets?
    I am running my infinity speakers off of the stock amp they are the reference series 6030cs component speakers and they can play better then the stock blows speakers and the rear door speaker and rear pillar tweeter doesn't need a passive crossover since the amp has one built in I think my speakers are rated at 90 watts rms and the stock amp pushes them just fine heck I can turn the volume 1/4 of the way up and that start to run me out of my truck
    Match them with a good sub that will reproduce tight bass and they will preform great for you.
    Just a heads-up the front door speakers and tweeters are high passed to block the bass with the tweeter wired in parallel with the door speakers
    The total ohm load on the amp is 2 ohms from each speaker and the sub is the same for both sides also 2ohms so running infinity speakers won't hurt the stock amp.

Thanks alot guys, all of you have been VERY helpful!!

Thanks alot guys, all of you have been VERY helpful!!
    Just don't power a sub from the stock sub channels that can kill the stock amp I suggest using a self powered one and your welcome I am glad to help.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.