help 911 want to buy a 2002 ext but it has 164,000 how r these engines with hi milege
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, help 911 want to buy a 2002 ext but it has 164,000 how r these engines with hi milege in Cadillac Escalade Forums; hello Im a new memeber ,I need a famly car and found a 2002 caddy ext all stock perfect condtion,1 ...
    dholmes is offline Cadillac Owners Member

help 911 want to buy a 2002 ext but it has 164,000 how r these engines with hi milege

hello Im a new memeber ,I need a famly car and found a 2002 caddy ext all stock perfect condtion,1 owner looks brand new but it has 164,000k,I drove it and it drove real strong, but had a slight ticking during idle after i drove it(the dealer said this is normal)then started another caddy than made a simliar sound is this true.

the car was 11,990 Ive talked him down to 9,500 and can purchase a 2 year warranty for a extra 1200,

are these enigines good at high milege or should i wait for something else,thanks sorry about any grammer i have a day before its probaly sold to someone else

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Check all the fluids and if they are up and not leaking then it should be ok

Re: help 911 want to buy a 2002 ext but it has 164,000 how r these engines with hi mi

was the ticking normal......I though it sounded like a rev going up and down

Badr0bot is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 03 Escalade

Re: help 911 want to buy a 2002 ext but it has 164,000 how r these engines with hi mi

i dont think ticking is normal for any motor, maybe a deasl. A dealer will tell you anything. I have 150,000 on a 6.0l and it is quiet

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by Badr0bot
    i dont think ticking is normal for any motor, maybe a deasl. A dealer will tell you anything. I have 150,000 on a 6.0l and it is quiet
    I agree mine Is quiet also.

it seemed like more of a rev going up and down ...my mustang does this and will jump from 1,000 rpm to 1,5000 during idle...last gm i had was a firebird so in dont no much about these engines

rlcr1573 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    my 2002 ext has 120000 wife wouldnt trade it in for the world. great family truck . looking to upgrade to a 2003 or better soon

zapconj is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade EXT and a 2007 STS4

I just bought a 2004 EXT last week. It's a great truck and like any another if you buy a truck with high milage that no one took care of you will have lots of problems.. if someone took care of it for 100K plus miles then you will have fewer problems.

If you get the warranty make sure you do your homework on it. call the company and ask them to see a copy of the contract and ask them if they require an adjuster for every repair. You should also ask them what the cap is on the labor rate. I did my research and found that one good company is CARCHEX. quotes are free and they give you a copy of the sample contract for you to review so you can see what is exactly covered and not. The have a $250/hr labor rate cap and encourage you to take your truck to a dealer to get the work done. they are very nice and easy to deal with. I have a cousin who owns a repair shop and he uses them all the time with his customers and said they are a pleasure to deal with. Almost never do they send out an adjuster (unelss it's a frequent problem/customer) and they pay right away. In some cases depending on the plan purchased they provide a loaner/rental.

I'm really happy with my purchase and look forward to my morning drives to work!

Good luck in your search!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.