2005 cadillac escalade platinum what is going on with this thing
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, 2005 cadillac escalade platinum what is going on with this thing in Cadillac Escalade Forums; OK, I had new wheel bearings new everyting put in fron of vehicle. Everything. So every once in a while ...
    kycop is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade ESV Platinum Edition

2005 cadillac escalade platinum what is going on with this thing

OK, I had new wheel bearings new everyting put in fron of vehicle. Everything. So every once in a while i will come to a stop sign stop light etc. I stop. then when i goto pull out its like the ABS is activating / or engine is cutting back. I let off gas for a second give it gas again it takes off goes fine. Mechanic has drove it with it hooked up to computer, noting is showing anything is wrong. I told him wheels sensors, they so no it could be fuel pump or something going out because it is cutting power. But this didnt start till had brand new speedsensors front end etc put in...What the heck could it be,,, And if it is speed sensors and its not shownig on computer when being driven, how the heck can they tell what one it is?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

William01 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalade ESV

Re: 2005 cadillac escalade platinum what is going on with this thing

speed sensors/ABS sensors are the same thing on these trucks I was told. I have also heard that sometimes the sensors are misaligned on the Front hubs, which would cause this. I would suggest this anyone correct me if I'm wrong. first to turn off the Stabilitrac System. I have 03 ESV but the button is right of the URPA button on the right on my truck. You will get a message in the dash saying "STABILITRAC SYSTEM DISABLED". Then take it out and see if you can re-create the problem. My guess is no. In which case it is the speed sensors/abs sensors whatever you want to call them. Either they are bad or they need some realigning. Just my thoughts. Good luck.

wake is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS-V, 2005 Escalade

Re: 2005 cadillac escalade platinum what is going on with this thing

Cheap / bad replacement bearings installed?

I haven't checked out the Escalade yet but I did replace the front wheel bearings twice on my Trailblazer because I went with cheap eBay wheel bearings. The first cheap set had issues with the speed sensor after only a fe miles. Something inside the hub with the reluctor ring as a new speed sensor didn't help.

When it comes time to replace on the Escalade I'll make sure I budget for some name brand bearings as it's not something fun to do or pay someone else to do.

I didn't have stabilitrack on my Trailblazer, but it did create havoc with the ABS system. My scanner showed below 10mph that the wheel was stopped forcing the ABS to kick in, a bit unnerving when you're stopping in traffic and the ABS is fighting you.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.