I'm an auto glass techician, Ask me ANYTHING! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, I'm an auto glass techician, Ask me ANYTHING! in Cadillac Escalade Forums; A pitted and sandblasted windshield should only be fixed by a replacement. There is no way to smooth or fill ...
    SolidGoldCaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1995 Cadillac Fleetwood Lowrider
    A pitted and sandblasted windshield should only be fixed by a replacement. There is no way to smooth or fill damaged glass over the entire shield.

A customer paying out of pocket can expect to pay between $225, and $350 for a new windshield. The windshield for the Escalades is the same as the Tahoe, Yukon and Chevy and GMCs for the same years. Very, very common and bought in bulk. It's my personal favorite replacement to do.

AirDoc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 03 Escalade

Re: I'm an auto glass techician, Ask me ANYTHING!

Quote Originally Posted by SolidGoldCaddy View Post
    A pitted and sandblasted windshield should only be fixed by a replacement. There is no way to smooth or fill damaged glass over the entire shield.

A customer paying out of pocket can expect to pay between $225, and $350 for a new windshield. The windshield for the Escalades is the same as the Tahoe, Yukon and Chevy and GMCs for the same years. Very, very common and bought in bulk. It's my personal favorite replacement to do.
    Thanks for the background - mine has a chip that has spidered into a couple of cracks (just bought it that way)

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Just wondering what is the cost out of pocket to fix a chipped windshield?

4. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

That can vary from state to state, but in WI we charge between $89 and $119, with a lifetime warranty.

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by SolidGoldCaddy
    That can vary from state to state, but in WI we charge between $89 and $119, with a lifetime warranty.
    Not bad but doing two will be double that I guess it will be worth the cost btw I am in Tennessee if that makes a difference

BADDED3333 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ESCALADE

Found this old thread while searching windshield so if still monitored, My question is.. Are you aware of complaints with the antenna in Fuyao windshields? The reason I ask is because the radio in my 05 has spotty sound reception today in the rain 2 days after replacement.

jnrsesv is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '05 ESV Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by BADDED3333 View Post
    My question is.. Are you aware of complaints with the antenna in Fuyao windshields?
    I have a feeling you will be waiting a long time for a response from the OP. I would google your question to see ow reliable a Fuyao windshield is.

No faith in the OP guys? Come on!

BADDED3333, to answer your question, no, I have not noticed that the Fuyao branded windshield have any sort of antenna issues because there is no antenna in the windshield on this model Escalade whatsoever. It is a common public misconception, and I always wondered how this rumor got started myself, but the black areas or dots on windshields are not the antennas. While some windshields do in fact have an antenna in or mounted to the glass, they are rare, easily identified and the antenna is not a black ceramic frit area I can assure you. The black dot matrix at the top of the glass, and above the rear view mirror is simply to cut down on sun glare. When you fold the sunvisors down, there was always an uncovered gap that allowed a lot of sun glare in. They rectified this by adding the dot matrix above the mirror. All of the components that are near the windshield are just mounted behind the headliner. Again, there are absolutely NO WIRES OR ANTENNAS in the 2002-2006 Escalade windshields. Even the 2007-2013 might have a rain sensor but no antenna. On the 2005 you speak of, if it is an Escalade base or ESV, the antenna is actually in the rear quarter glass. If you look at the top on the inside of the glass you will see the wire connector that plugs into the glass itself and you can see the conductive lines in the glass itself. If you are having radio static issues, I would look there first, and then check out the connection at the back of the head unit in the dash to make sure the actual antenna wire is secure and undamaged. Let me know if you have any more questions.
    Realmsteel likes this.

jnrsesv is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '05 ESV Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by SolidGoldCaddy View Post
    No faith in the OP guys?
    WOW, Impressive! Thanks for keeping up with the original thread!

godsdiablo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac Escalade
    What do you think about aftermarket windows / windshields compared to OEM? The place in my area usually installs PGW.

camarowithbass is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade

I got a quote to replace the windshield in my 05 for $95

Is this typical installation price?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

crf311 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 escalade

How do you remove the rear door hatch glass on a 2004 escalade?

14. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.