05 Escalade, lowering and upgrade/preventative maintenance service questions
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, 05 Escalade, lowering and upgrade/preventative maintenance service questions in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hey guys, I am picking up an 05 Escalade this saturday and I already have the McGaughy's lowering parts, K&N ...
    SolidGoldCaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1995 Cadillac Fleetwood Lowrider

05 Escalade, lowering and upgrade/preventative maintenance service questions

Hey guys, I am picking up an 05 Escalade this saturday and I already have the McGaughy's lowering parts, K&N cold air, Magnaflow exhaust, wheels and tires, Viper remote start and tint on its way. My questions are, the truck has around 80,000mi on it, now, when I do the lowering kit, are there any parts that I should replace while I have this all apart, or even to inspect to make sure they dont need replacing? Anytime I buy a vehicle, I always fill it with synthetic and toss a new filter at it, plugs, wires, fuel filter, and air filter. What about transmission service? I see a lot of "new trans" in the classifieds ads. Let me know guys, anything else you can think of or suggest to service would be nice as well. I am meticulous as they come and very mechanically inclined. The truck is an 05, AWD, 6.0L. THANKS GUYS!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

devanwon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 escalade

Re: 05 Escalade, lowering and upgrade/preventative maintenance service questions

mine is an 05 also, i just lowered mine 3" front and rear with eibach pro kit. changed out all the shocks
    being as my air ride was shot. new upgraded sway bars front and rear. springs in the rear and keys in the front.
    put my 24's on it and it rides pretty good. mine has 100k when i bought it, i did buy a warranty with it. the trans just went
    and warranty covered it, my opinion is change the trans fluid and filter for sure. also when i did the lowering kit and had
    it aligned afterwords both tie rod ends were bad so had to have those changed so the alignment would be in spec, sure made
    a difference in tightness in steering for sure. make sure you also service the transfer case and front and rear diffs.
    enjoy the rig they are nice rides.

----------

oh here is mine after lowering with the wheels

mikedyk43 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Escalade
    If you have front lowering spindles (which I highly recommend), you should replace the upper ball joints. I say you should really do drop spindles because with just keys, you can only lower about 2 inches before you will no longer be able to properly align the front suspension, not to mention the less tension on the torsion bars, the softer the front end is.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.