2006 ESV speaker help, rear trunk compartment and sub placement
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, 2006 ESV speaker help, rear trunk compartment and sub placement in Cadillac Escalade Forums; So I have a complete after market radio that came with my car. But the speakers are factory......most of them ...
    68topls is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade ESV 2006

2006 ESV speaker help, rear trunk compartment and sub placement

So I have a complete after market radio that came with my car. But the speakers are factory......most of them blown. I want to replace all of the speakers. I know the ones in the doors are 6.5. And the tweeters are either 3'4 of an inch or an inch. However I can't find the size of the ones in the rear trunk compartment. Any one happen to know the size? Also, I was looking to possible install an amp and a small subwoofer. The amp because the last owner completely bi-passed the original system and ran all the wiring without an amp(just a cross over). So, I was going to buy one 6 channel or two four channel amps so the 6.5 speakers and whatever the rear speakers are would be amplified. Also, possibly hiding a sib under the third row seats. for those of you who have went down this road, how did you do it and what can you tell me....

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: 2006 ESV speaker help, rear trunk compartment and sub placement

g a little bit of searching I was able to find out that the silver amp in the center console is the factory amp and it should not be bypassed which explains why I have no no door chimes, etc. So I needs to be wired back in and if I want to to add a sub I need to get an interface (c2a-cmg24 or os2-base) and use it. I guess I will also need one of the after market to factory harnesses as well as it looks like mine was all rewired. Secondly, There is suppose to be a sub behind the cd-changer but it doesn't sound like mine is actually working or on. Hopefully wiring it back into the harness will get it cut on and working. Any one happen to know the size of that sub? I'm still looking for the size of the rear speakers in the cargo area also if you know it and a hidden method to adding to small subs.

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    If you are going to install aftermarket speakers the rear tweeter feeds will work with aftermarket tweeters but without the stock amp you don't have any of the warning chimes which the amp generates and if you are wondering it your stock sub is still in place just look at the front of the console on the right side

I removed all of my stock speakers and replaced them with infinity speakers and are running them off of the stock amp along with a aftermarket sub under the center console
    And the stock sub is a 6 inch dvc sub when I replaced mine I installed a 8 inch and just ran it off of one of the two sub feeds from the amp and yes the new sub fits under the center with a little snugness due to the wires ran under the center
    P.s if you need to know how to remove the center console just drop me a pm and I will get back to you.

Thanks for the help. Tried to PM you but it didn't work. If you could tell tell me how to remove center console and verify the speaker size in the trunk area that would be great! Was the 8" sub you used in your car infinity as well?

Are you new to the forum cause I can't pm you either just email me and then I will edit my address here you go

A320 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 Escalade

Hey guys, how did you get access to the rear door speakers? I suspect mine are blown and want to take a closer look and maybe replace them. Do I have to take the door paneling all apart or do the grills somehow pop off?

Quote Originally Posted by A320
    Hey guys, how did you get access to the rear door speakers? I suspect mine are blown and want to take a closer look and maybe replace them. Do I have to take the door paneling all apart or do the grills somehow pop off?
    You have to remove the door panel there is 2 screws then you lift the panel up but disconnect the harness for. The window and don't forget the light and trim peace around the release handle.

Quote Originally Posted by 68topls
    Thanks for the help. Tried to PM you but it didn't work. If you could tell tell me how to remove center console and verify the speaker size in the trunk area that would be great! Was the 8" sub you used in your car infinity as well?
    The sub I got is 8" but it is 02 or older that had the sub in the rear 03 and newer it is a 6"inch sub under the console,
    Also no the sub I have isn't a infinity sub it is a sound ordnance sub model 8-bpt from crutchfield and it is a great little sub.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.