Tires and Paint
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Tires and Paint in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Got and 06 EXT Check tires lite is on every day Check the air daily its fine, is it just ...
    DKR
    DKR is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Tires and Paint

Got and 06 EXT
    Check tires lite is on every day
    Check the air daily its fine, is it just the sensor
    Also how much is a white diamond paint job for this truck???

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

BDuncan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Tires and Paint

Good quality paint work is expensive and is also the only choice for a relatively expensive vehicle like an Escalade. The success of a good paint job depends on the prep work more than anything. With a vehicle as large and complex as an Escalade there is a ton of prep work to be done. Assuming you are making a color change, almost everything in the interior except the seats need to be removed to do the door jambs and surrounds. Even if you are keeping the same color the entire exterior need to be dissasembled and block sanded, sealed etc. The lower body cladding should also be removed and either replaced or refinished and reinstalled after painting the doors. Not knowing the shape of your current paint and body is an big varible. At a minimum 4 or 5 thousand dollars is not unreasonable and it could easily be 6 or 7 thousand. I have an extremely nice Chevy pickup that I did in two tone using Escalade White Diamond on the middle of the sides and tail gate. White Diamond is a three step, two stage paint process, base coat, pearl coat and clear and all are catalyzed two stage paints. Two stage sealers and primers are also used. Paint of this quality can cost as much as a several hundred dollars a gallon. If you are serious about a paint job, go to a few high end car dealers (Mercedes, Lexus etc.) and ask who does their body and paint work - unlikely they do it themselves. Talk to the shop they use about an estimate.

DKR
    DKR is offline Cadillac Owners Member

thanks for the response
    I have a pearl white paint color, truck in good condition, got one little ding on right rear
    someone took a key to the hood and doors
    serious vandalism
    hence I need a paint job, and insurance is only gomma go so far
    looking to see how deep Im this is gonna get
    Again Thanks

mikedyk43 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Escalade
    Obviously, the vandalized places will have to be completely redone, however, if you just want to have a uniform "new" look after painting, they can simply spray new clear coat on the undamaged areas. You will then have a perfectly shiny new paint job without having to completely redo the entire paint job.

As far as the tire pressure thing, yes it just the sensor. If it is always on, there is a chance that this particular sensor needs to be "relearned". I don't have it, but I know there is a procedure for this. If that doesn't work you might as well live with it until it is time to get that tire changed and get new TPMS sensors at that time.

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade

Quote Originally Posted by mikedyk43 View Post
    Obviously, the vandalized places will have to be completely redone, however, if you just want to have a uniform "new" look after painting, they can simply spray new clear coat on the undamaged areas. You will then have a perfectly shiny new paint job without having to completely redo the entire paint job.

As far as the tire pressure thing, yes it just the sensor. If it is always on, there is a chance that this particular sensor needs to be "relearned". I don't have it, but I know there is a procedure for this. If that doesn't work you might as well live with it until it is time to get that tire changed and get new TPMS sensors at that time.
    that is not what i heard from a paint guy at my local body shop he said even if a small spot gets worked on and repainted the whole truck has to be redone and it takes a lot longer then most might think which is the reason i got mine in black as it is cheaper to repaint but the pearl white is a nice color also on the sensor i know while i had my truck in the while it had the body work and repainting the loaner car i got had the low tire light come on and it can sometimes be a low tire but it you are checking it and it is within gm's specs you have to do the relearn using the controls on the steering wheel and then letting some air out of each tire until the horn blows then it should have relearnt the tire sensors if not then the sensor is needing replaced.

Study Hard is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT
    Usually a good paint shop is able to blend the colors so that they are only painting the damaged spots, and it doesn't look brand new on the car and other spots look old. This process takes a bit longer and is more work for the shop, but in my experience you cannot notice the difference. I have had this done on previous cars as well with custom paint colors. It is all about the shop you find to do the work. I have never had a body shop paint an entire car for damages to only certain areas.

TLMC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalade 1969 ss396 chevelle

As a body shop owner for over 30 years Study Hard is right.

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade

true but given the pearl white is a three coat process if it don't turn out right it won't look 100% just my 2 cents.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.