park sensors acting up
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, park sensors acting up in Cadillac Escalade Forums; ok here is the problem i had some rear end damage about a year ago and ever since the park ...
    the cadillac man is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade

park sensors acting up

ok here is the problem i had some rear end damage about a year ago and ever since the park sensors has gave me more problems then i'd like,
    it would work sometimes and sometimes it won't do a thing except the red light blinking but here is the kicker is every time i go to check it no codes would show up until today and it showed the driver side outside sensor which is one of the two that the shop replaced when i had to have the rear bumper replaced so i had the truck towed to the shop (starter had to be replaced)

i had mentioned the park sensor which they said they checked but it didn't show any codes or act up for them so nothing was done for it but the day i pick it up from the shop and go to the store it gives me the red light flashing again what gives the shop checked the wires and they was ok so i am thinking it is a bad sensor

so i need to know if the sensors can fail or do i need to put something on the sensor connector to help it out or what???
    i'd like to get this figured out as i don't want to back into someone else's car when i am parking at my collage

thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

mikedyk43 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Escalade
    Check out this post.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums....php?p=2049101

The user TNTSS seems to have experience with these, I suggest sending him a PM and inquire about what he did.

the cadillac man is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade

Re: park sensors acting up

i am going to pull the sensor out and check the pins to make sure one ain't damaged before i do anything else but it is under a warranty by the shop and was paid for by my insurance so unless it is the pins not getting a good contact my only other option is p.m. tntss before i go back to the shop. thanks for the help so far mike.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.