2004 Black ESV but with 400'000 km on the clock?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, 2004 Black ESV but with 400'000 km on the clock? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hi, seen a 2004 ESV, looks very clean inside and out, but with 400'000 km on the clock (its a ...
    SFX Group is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Escalade ESV Platinum 2004 ::: BMW 750iL 2000

2004 Black ESV but with 400'000 km on the clock?

Hi, seen a 2004 ESV, looks very clean inside and out, but with 400'000 km on the clock (its a Canada truck), this sounds high to me, should i just keep clear of it, if not what would you pay.

Its very nice, not sure how many more miles it will do though....

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade

Re: 2004 Black ESV but with 400'000 km on the clock?

i have heard of gm trucks and suv's getting close to 200 maybe 300,000 miles without much trouble the main thing is to check that everything works and no leaks underneath drive it and make sure it shifts ok not slipping and that the fluid ain't burnt on the dipstick in the tranny and the oil has been changed regularly good luck.

ceedub1170 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade EXT

My 2002 EXT has 300,000km and stills runs like a dream.

mikedyk43 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Escalade
    For those of us south of the Canadian border, that is almost 250,000 miles! Personally, as a general rule of thumb, when a vehicle reaches around 100,000 miles, that's when major components generally will need to start getting replaced. That vehicle is about two and a half times past where I would even consider buying a vehicle. Even if it still looks great, I would take into consideration the cost of replacing/rebuilding EVERY moving part when you figure out what the total cost of the vehicle is, that includes engine, transmission, bearings, brakes....etc.

Quote Originally Posted by mikedyk43 View Post
    For those of us south of the Canadian border, that is almost 250,000 miles! Personally, as a general rule of thumb, when a vehicle reaches around 100,000 miles, that's when major components generally will need to start getting replaced. That vehicle is about two and a half times past where I would even consider buying a vehicle. Even if it still looks great, I would take into consideration the cost of replacing/rebuilding EVERY moving part when you figure out what the total cost of the vehicle is, that includes engine, transmission, bearings, brakes....etc.
    ever heard of the million mile truck google it up sometime you'd be surprised how far you can go with proper care in any truck or suv even some cars i am only talking us brands here.

mikedyk43 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man View Post
    ever heard of the million mile truck google it up sometime you'd be surprised how far you can go with proper care in any truck or suv even some cars i am only talking us brands here.
    Of course there are exceptions to every rule, however most vehicles don't last that long! Notice that you said million mile truck and not trucks. Anyway, my point is, buying a vehicle with that high of mileage is a huge gamble if you don't personally know the previous owner and his/her care for that vehicle.

zogg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade EXT

I really would have no issue with that many miles on the engine and transmission....if it was a GM truck it might be ok. Being an Escalade, I would certainly worry about all of the sensors, motors, air suspension, etc., etc., that makes it a Cadillac. The engines are bullit proof, and the trannys are ok, but things like window motors and regulators, stereo systems, and the like are all possible on their last legs. My 06 has 109,000 miles and I can see a few things starting to go...but it runs like a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by zogg View Post
    I really would have no issue with that many miles on the engine and transmission....if it was a GM truck it might be ok. Being an Escalade, I would certainly worry about all of the sensors, motors, air suspension, etc., etc., that makes it a Cadillac. The engines are bullit proof, and the trannys are ok, but things like window motors and regulators, stereo systems, and the like are all possible on their last legs. My 06 has 109,000 miles and I can see a few things starting to go...but it runs like a new one.
    well the choice is up to you shoot i have around 145,000 miles and i have already swapped out the stock speakers and sub the main thing is try out everything before you make the decision but i do notice both front windows need new motors the stock radio works but the cd changer may or may not last two more years but most people swap out the stock radio as soon as they get the truck anyway but ilke i said try out everything before you make the decision cause the gm suv line is truck based so the only difference is the body maybe a few other things but the frame and drivetrain are the same no mater what badge is on the grille and electric items can be replaced with aftermarket depending on what it is.

----------

and mike i have a 79 chrysler cordoba so i know how older cars can be they can be a bit of a pain but like i said proper care cause the said car has close to 200,000 miles which i am surprised the body and frame has held up this far and it is in need of a paint job i dread to see the price tag on that although i kinda agree with you on the gamble but it is a risk you take on any car or truck cause you never know how the previous owner treated it unless they have service records for everything done on it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.