New here... 2004 Cadillac Escalade with many problems, help please?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, New here... 2004 Cadillac Escalade with many problems, help please? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I have a 2004 Escalade with 136,000+ miles on it. Recently the "Service Ride Control" popped up on the cluster. ...
    Iron Indian is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac Escalade

New here... 2004 Cadillac Escalade with many problems, help please?

I have a 2004 Escalade with 136,000+ miles on it. Recently the "Service Ride Control" popped up on the cluster. But there was no SES light at all. I've never scanned the car before, but I figured i'd do that to hopefully pick up something despite having no SES light. Luckily I have an HPTuners I use on my other cars (though i'm a novice at best). I hooked it up and these are all the codes and errors I got...

[Suspension] C0660 - Level Control Exhaust Valve Circuit Malfunction (SES) (Old) (History) (Current) (Immature)
    [Restraints] U1000 - Class 2 Communication Malfunction (History) (Immature)
    [Entertainment] U1000 - Class 2 Communication Malfunction (History) (Immature)
    [Entertainment] B1327 - Device Power Circuit Low (History) (Immature)
    [HVAC] B3531 - (History) (Immature)
    [Convenience] B1850 - Driver Lumbar Horiz Sensor CKT Malf (History) (Immature)
    [Convenience] B1960 - (History) (Immature)
    [Convenience] B2355 - Driver Front Vertical Sensor Malf (History) (Immature)
    [Convenience] B2375 - Driver Seat Asm Horiz Sensor CKT Malf (History) (Immature)

Needless to say i'm shocked to say the least at all these errors. The car seems really nice and still seems to run and drive fine, I just have that annoying light! So where do I even begin to fix this?

Also I tried clearing these codes but for some reason I wasn't allowed to. I even disconnected the battery overnight, still there. I guess I need to figure out how to fix this.

Thanks for any help...

Shawn

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade

Re: New here... 2004 Cadillac Escalade with many problems, help please?

the only why to clear codes is with a tech-2 but i'd say the compressor is the cause of the service ride control but i do advice going to a local gm dealer and have it probed with the tech-2 just to be sure. p.s. the codes stay in the system for a while even though you fixed the source of the problem unless you clear the codes with the tech-2 like mentioned earlier also check the shocks before you replace the compressor as they can leak with age.

I'm curious what that other stuff is or was.

As for the air suspension before it goes to deep i think ill look into bypassing it. There usually more trouble than there worth anyway. I wasted a good amount of money on my Navigator before i got smart and coniverted it over. Best thing I ever did for that car.

sometimes people don't always clear codes

two of them looked like they went to the driver seat one to the radio or dvd player maybe the bose amp

one is the a/c and heating system one goes to the lift dive sensor on the front left wheel

the one for restraints if i may not mistaken goes to the seat belts or air bag,

given that the only one you listed as current is the compressor exhaust valve being bad then i would clear the codes and see if any show up again before i do anything cause some of that may be already fixed but if you are dead set on switching the shocks over only the rear is air on the escalade big difference from ford believe me i know how ford's are on problems heck the only thing you may have to replace is the compressor if you want to check the shocks get some soapy water and spray them down then work the rear bumper up and down while looking for bubbles.

how much do the pumps go for? Where shouldd i get one?

Thanks

TLMC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalade 1969 ss396 chevelle

http://www.arnottindustries.com/part...77_gid311.htmlhere is another site to order parts for the rear air shocks but i advise testing the shocks like i mentioned in my previous post before you do anything don't want to waste money when you don't need to.

I appreciate all your help! I hope I can play with it some this weekend and figure some things out. I'm listening to everything your saying, I just have alot to look at and not to mention i'm busier than hell at work too.

So to clarify, the Escalade DOESN'T have 4 wheel air shocks? I thought it did for some reason, I thought I seen air lines up front at the shocks, guess I was mistaken. I know the front shocks are orange and black. Oh and one of them (the passenger side) was leaking fluid awhile ago. I figured that probably had nothing to do with the light since this happened a couple months beforehand. Either way I plan on replaceing them sooner or later.

Where is the compressor located? And is there anyway I can test it to see if it works? My wife never hears it run anymore so i'm wondering if its even working or not. I'd like to test it to make sure. Figured theres got to be a way to run direct power to it somehow.

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Indian View Post
    I appreciate all your help! I hope I can play with it some this weekend and figure some things out. I'm listening to everything your saying, I just have alot to look at and not to mention i'm busier than hell at work too.

So to clarify, the Escalade DOESN'T have 4 wheel air shocks? I thought it did for some reason, I thought I seen air lines up front at the shocks, guess I was mistaken. I know the front shocks are orange and black. Oh and one of them (the passenger side) was leaking fluid awhile ago. I figured that probably had nothing to do with the light since this happened a couple months beforehand. Either way I plan on replaceing them sooner or later.

Where is the compressor located? And is there anyway I can test it to see if it works? My wife never hears it run anymore so i'm wondering if its even working or not. I'd like to test it to make sure. Figured theres got to be a way to run direct power to it somehow.

Thanks again!
    no the escalade doesn't have air shocks at all four although i wish they did (i like air ride) the wires you see are for the real time damping feature which is a great system i know,

although if one of the front shocks is leaking it will have to be replaced (do both if you feel like it) but the ride ain't going to get any better until you do and the compressor is under the fender on the driver side behind the rear wheel(dumb place to put it if ask me) but if you are not hearing it then it has probably bit the dust
    i have only heard mine one time while i was outside my truck before it died and it sounded like it was straining anyway(plus i have to replace one of my rear shocks before i replace my compressor) but some say you can remove it to bench test it but i don't know how to bench test it try searching inn here i know others have done it before

Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man View Post
    no the escalade doesn't have air shocks at all four although i wish they did (i like air ride) the wires you see are for the real time damping feature which is a great system i know,

although if one of the front shocks is leaking it will have to be replaced (do both if you feel like it) but the ride ain't going to get any better until you do and the compressor is under the fender on the driver side behind the rear wheel(dumb place to put it if ask me) but if you are not hearing it then it has probably bit the dust
    i have only heard mine one time while i was outside my truck before it died and it sounded like it was straining anyway(plus i have to replace one of my rear shocks before i replace my compressor) but some say you can remove it to bench test it but i don't know how to bench test it try searching inn here i know others have done it before

Alright I'll look it up, Thanks!

One thing I looked up and couldn't get a straight answer on... Are you suppose to replace your rear air shock and compressor at the same time? I've heard yay and nay I figure if it working don't fix it. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Indian View Post
    Alright I'll look it up, Thanks!

One thing I looked up and couldn't get a straight answer on... Are you suppose to replace your rear air shock and compressor at the same time? I've heard yay and nay I figure if it working don't fix it. What do you think?
    if your shocks ain't leaking or cracked (aka dry rot) then no you don't have to replace them but i suggest taking a spray bottle of soapy water and soak them good then work the rear up and down by pushing on the bumper to check for leaks. but i agree if it is working don't fix it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.