Bang in right rear upon start up...ideas?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Bang in right rear upon start up...ideas? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; For the last week my 06 Escalade occasionally "bangs" or pops from the right rear of the vehicle upon startup. ...
    zogg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade EXT

Bang in right rear upon start up...ideas?

For the last week my 06 Escalade occasionally "bangs" or pops from the right rear of the vehicle upon startup. I am guessing it is a suspension component that pops as the compressor is jacking up the back end. I have laid under the car many times, and since it does not do it every time, I can't tell where it is coming from.

I suspect a bad bushing, but I cannot see anything that looks warn or bad....nothing shiny from being hit.

Any ideas?? Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade

Re: Bang in right rear upon start up...ideas?

it could be a backfire from needing a tune-up unless it is something different without hearing the noise i am pretty much flying blind here.

DucatiGuido is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade EXT
    Turn your key to the on position and wait until your truck pumps up and then start it... This will help with the air ride or tune up diagnosis....

zogg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade EXT

Definitely not a backfire....the truck actually moves with the noise. I can feel something hit underneath.

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade

do you get a service ride control message cause it may be a bad shock i know mine did a noise like a gun going off when my driver's side shock blew out it is possible the shock has a bad spot the only lets out the sir once the compressor gets it pumped up to a certain point.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.