Harmon Kardon Drive + Play
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Harmon Kardon Drive + Play in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hey guys did a quick search and didnt see what I was looking for but does anyone have experience and ...
    DucatiGuido is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade EXT

Harmon Kardon Drive + Play

Hey guys did a quick search and didnt see what I was looking for but does anyone have experience and maybe pics of this system set up in their escalade? I was in a H2 with this setup (2006) and it had a lot of bass and zero interference and was going to give it a try BUT I don't think it charges my phone which isn't a deal killer but was sort of a let down... Any input would be great.. I want a clean iPhone hookup to a factory system is what I'm looking for but don't want to sacrifice my 6 disc or spend crazy money, controlling my iPhone from the stereo is not important. It's a Verizon ip4 if it matters ? Thanks! I also have factory nav (2004 non touch screen)

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade

Re: Harmon Kardon Drive + Play

it is not the model of interface that matters on whether you can keep the cd changer the main thing is to look up the info on the interface to see what it supports i am getting a media gateway from a member on here just have to wait on the mail get it here but most interfaces work the same so the main thing is that it works with the stock radio p.s. i will let you know how my experience is with one soon.

DucatiGuido is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade EXT
    Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man
    it is not the model of interface that matters on whether you can keep the cd changer the main thing is to look up the info on the interface to see what it supports i am getting a media gateway from a member on here just have to wait on the mail get it here but most interfaces work the same so the main thing is that it works with the stock radio p.s. i will let you know how my experience is with one soon.
    No from what I gather this is a FM tuned system, the reason I had mentioned the cd changer delete is because I read somewhere that you can do it if u delete an Aux device. I dont really want to go the HK route however it does work well (at least in the hummer) but was just seeing I you guys ha any experience with the HK drive and play or had any other suggestions..

the cadillac man is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade

Re: Harmon Kardon Drive + Play

no you do not have to remove the cd changer with a fm tuned interface don't always believe everything you read at some sites i suggest going to the site for the device and find out there on how to hook it up right because if you have to remove the cd changer then it is not a fm tuned type it is a direct connect type that connected to the rear of the radio if this is what you are talking about http://www.harmankardon.com/EN-US/Pr...x?PID=DP%201US then i know what you need and no you do not need to disconnect the cd changer to use this http://www.crutchfield.com/p_469GM12...Type%7cfactory it shows as it not fitting but it works as i have one in my 03 since i did a second radio for both my iPhone and flash based memory sticks plus it has bluetooth good luck and let me know if you need any help.p.s. i looked at the manuel for the device on the site for your iPod controller and i will assure you it will work.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.