New the the Forum - 2002 Escalade EXT
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, New the the Forum - 2002 Escalade EXT in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hi all - I'm new to the Escalade community, but some information on this website certainly helped me pull the ...
    Study Hard is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT

New the the Forum - 2002 Escalade EXT

Hi all - I'm new to the Escalade community, but some information on this website certainly helped me pull the trigger to buy my first escalade. I have been in need of a truck to compliment my commuter car for some time now, and I have always loved the Escalade EXTs. The opportunity came for me to purchase late last week after some extensive research, and I am supposed to take delivery on the vehicle this Tuesday or Wednesday. Even though it is an '02, this truck is super clean, low mileage and I love the black on gray combination. I wasn't going to get such a large truck, however since I was able to keep my daily driver for the work commute (30 mpg's) I was able to get the Caddy for personal use around town. There are some great looking cars on this website, and I am a big fan of the DIY projects with vehicles, so I am looking forward to all of the information and ideas presented on the forum. I will try to upload some dealer pictures. I also have a few questions that hopefully I can get some ideas on, but lets get past the introduction first.
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

mikedyk43 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Escalade
    Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the community!

DucatiGuido is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade EXT
    Hot! Is your caddy logo black and silver or something?

Study Hard is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT

Re: New the the Forum - 2002 Escalade EXT

nah, that is just shadowing from the building...the cadillac emblem is standard. Although you bring up a good point, both of the emblems have certainly seen better days as they have faded over time. I have always been a fan of the "blackout" look, and usually tint cars tail lights, delete emblems, etc. The cadillac, however, has a certain look to it that I am not sure if I want to do that or not. I have seen a couple threads with blacked out emblems, tails, and even the grill. I'm not sure which direction I want to go yet, but the emblems are tired. I was thinking about possibly removing all of the emblems, giving them a coat of flat black and reapplying so that they are not totally removed, but they are not standing out either. The question is, go completely blacked out, rims, grill, lights, emblems, etc. or leave everything stock and go chrome accents, grill, rims, emblems, etc.

The front end is just so classic as is...so I'm not sure. Both combos look stellar, murdered out, or black with chrome features.

DucatiGuido is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade EXT
    Blackout! I have black 26s and black emblems did it with vinyl wrap, there's a previous thread on this...

sfv41901 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS
    Welcome to the form & Congrats on ur new to u EXT.

the cadillac man is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade

Re: New the the Forum - 2002 Escalade EXT

welcome to the forum and congrats on the lade for a 02 it looks real sharp plus i know how you feel on the emblems mine are faded and the front one is cracked i am wanting to replace them but i am unsure on how to swap them out.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.