cd changer problems
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, cd changer problems in Cadillac Escalade Forums; like the title says i went out to show my cousin how my new speakers and sub sounds in my ...
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade

cd changer problems

like the title says i went out to show my cousin how my new speakers and sub sounds in my truck,

when i switched to the cd changer and it worked for a few seconds then stopped when it did this a scary noise was produced through my speakers so i looked at the changer each time it made the noise through my speakers the lights dimmed on the front it seems like the spindle motor is failing but i am not sure as a little bit later it worked fine

so what gives he thinks the same thing as i do which is the motor is going bad but other then that i had no problems showing off the sound system which really impressed him on the improvement in sq but i hope i don't need to replace my cd changer thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ESCALADE200224 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade ESV
    It may need replaced eventually but it seems to be getting flaky or ready to hit the trash. Those cd players are cheaper than the decks that have them built in.

Re: cd changer problems

Quote Originally Posted by ESCALADE200224 View Post
    It may need replaced eventually but it seems to be getting flaky or ready to hit the trash. Those cd players are cheaper than the decks that have them built in.
    i was dreading this happening as i like having the cd changer and it sucks that the one in the radio has outlasted the cd changer so far but i want to know if it fails will it hurt my radio as i know it connects to it for power

ESCALADE200224 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade ESV
    I don't believe it affects your radio if you unplug it.

what i was meaning is could it short out my radio if the changer fails?

mikedyk43 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Escalade
    Hey Cadillac man, unless you notice damage to the wiring between the radio and the changer (possible short), than you are likely looking at retiring the cd changer. Your stock radio will still work without the changer, but if it is failing, I would definitely suggest unplugging it from the head unit. If the motor in the cd changer starts getting jammed up, it will try to compensate by pulling more electrical current from its source (head unit) and this CAN damage internal components in the head unit. As soon as I find a suitable pocket to replace mine, it will be available for any reasonable offer. Let me know if you're interested, you know I don't over charge. The last item I sold you actually cost me $.47. No worries though, worth it if you can make good use of it.

well given i will be using my iPhone as my music source more often i guess i will remove the cd changer as i currently have a pioneer radio in the factory spot i relocated the changer but never had a problem until now which i suspected age had a hand in it failing as my truck is a 03 plus i use the cd changer a lot when i don't have my phone's cable in the truck so i guess i will be taking a closer look at the cd changer guts tomorrow to see if there is anything i can do but i have a feeling it is more then the motor that is going to be replaced

i looked on the replacement radios site and didn't the stock cd changer listed but keep your old unit close in case i email you thanks for the help guys i just wish it would have waited until i got the truck paid off to have audio components fail luckily my amp and stock radio are still good. p.s. mike i don't know if you use a add on like this but i suggest a equalizer to fit in the spot that is what i will be putting in that spot if both the stock radio and amp fail at the same time but the odds of that happening seem slim.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.