Dash storage pocket in place of in-dash changer?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Dash storage pocket in place of in-dash changer? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Took my 6 disc in dash changer out of the center dash and I was under the impression there was ...
    arejaye5000 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Cadillac Escalade

Dash storage pocket in place of in-dash changer?

Took my 6 disc in dash changer out of the center dash and I was under the impression there was a storage pocket to go in place of it. But I called the dealer and they said there was only a blank cover available. Has anyone ever found a pocket to fit it that spot? I'm hoping so. Otherwise I would have just left it in there instead of a blank hole! Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ESCALADE200224 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade ESV
    Check this link out its on eBay.

http://bit.ly/At52Cb

Gotcha! I called Cadillac and they couldn't even get the pocket only the blank cover. The one on eBay SAYS it will work. That guy doesn't offer refunds. Guess I'll have to take a gamble or maybe see if he can give me dimensions. Thanks for all your help, I'm new to getting this escalade so I'm sure you'll see me asking more questions very soon!

mikedyk43 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by ESCALADE200224 View Post
    Check this link out its on eBay.

http://bit.ly/At52Cb
    Will this pocket work on an 06 as well?

These pockets are to small. The escalades and denali's all came with the 6 disc changer that is larger than the single disc slave player that Tahoes and other trucks came with. Only thing I came up with from the dealer is a blank cover. I just called and asked two dealerships. I just sold my changer and now I'm not sure what to do. I did find an aftermarket one though that does work. It's just shiny plastic and not padded or have rubber on the bottom. Better than a blank hole though!
    http://www.uneeksupply.com/2002-Cadi...t_p_9226.html#

Quote Originally Posted by mikedyk43 View Post
    Will this pocket work on an 06 as well?
    I don't think so.

Also arejaye I might have one that'll work for you. I just went through my old parts and found one just like the one in that link you put up. I tried it in my 05 and its too small. If you want I'll sell it to you for 10 + shipping.

Could you please give me the width of it? Give the width with the fins on the side and the width without the fins. If you could send me a pic that would be great!
    arejaye5000@hotmail.com

----------

Does it look like this? With that extra front plate? http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=53653916123

The opening is 6 inches wide without bracket on front and looks like the attached pics.

Yep that does look identical. I'll take it. There's a few on eBay for around the same price but they offer refunds if it doesn't work. I suppose I could always sell it though. Not sure I can pm because I'm pretty new. You can send me a money request through PayPal to arejaye5000@hotmail.com
    If you want you can ship it out tomorrow and then I can pay you so you know how much shipping is? Let me know how you want to do it. Thanks again!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.