Help how do i test the rear air shocks to see if they are bad????
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Help how do i test the rear air shocks to see if they are bad???? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I have had this 2003 cadillac escalde for roughly three months now.....I have been to 5-6 differant mechanics and none ...
    slidewayz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade

Help how do i test the rear air shocks to see if they are bad????

I have had this 2003 cadillac escalde for roughly three months now.....I have been to 5-6 differant mechanics and none of them can figure out what it is.......I have a messed up sound coming from the rear end when i hit bumps turning and its not when im hitting bumps going straight sometimes it is but mostly when im turning like when one wheel hits the bump before the other wheel? Well my lade has 113,000 miles and all torsion bars/mounts are fine sway/mounts are fine mechanics say all bushings are good? not really sure what to do? I did notice that when the vehilce was on the lift i say a little oil on the shock but they(mechanics) says its fine that it would be noticable if they where bad. Makes no sense so whats the best way to test them? I never really hear a compressor airing them up but i hear that its barley noticeable

Any help is really appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

mikedyk43 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Escalade
    To test the air bags, you can simply start up your truck and then go squeeze the air bags on each shock. If they are soft, then you obviously have a problem. I would suggest having a friend stand on either end of the bumper and bounce the rear end up and down while you lay underneath. This will help reproduce your strange sound and make pinpointing the problem a lot easier.

sfv41901 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS
    If the compressor is working, u would hear it. It's not that quite.

As for the noise, have u looked on the body for any tire rub marks. If ur tires are hitting something while ur driving, it would leave some rub marks.

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade

Re: Help how do i test the rear air shocks to see if they are bad????

Quote Originally Posted by slidewayz View Post
    I have had this 2003 cadillac escalde for roughly three months now.....I have been to 5-6 differant mechanics and none of them can figure out what it is.......I have a messed up sound coming from the rear end when i hit bumps turning and its not when im hitting bumps going straight sometimes it is but mostly when im turning like when one wheel hits the bump before the other wheel? Well my lade has 113,000 miles and all torsion bars/mounts are fine sway/mounts are fine mechanics say all bushings are good? not really sure what to do? I did notice that when the vehilce was on the lift i say a little oil on the shock but they(mechanics) says its fine that it would be noticable if they where bad. Makes no sense so whats the best way to test them? I never really hear a compressor airing them up but i hear that its barley noticeable

Any help is really appreciated
    do you get a service ride control message if yes then the compressor has failed here is how to check your shocks get a spray bottle like windex comes in and spray both shocks really good and then move the truck up and down by the rear bumper.

slidewayz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade

No there is no SRC and i pulled the pump/compressor tonight and tried to jump it with a battary and it didnt work so honestly im not sure whats up no code and no compressor and the shocks seem shitty....so im gonna save for some arrnots suspension set-up and see what happens.

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade

if the compressor is not working and the shocks look ok just replace the compressor and save the money on shocks cause they can ride rougher then normal without the compressor working i know.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.