How do i remove 6 disc changer?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, How do i remove 6 disc changer? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Have an 02 Escalade and I'm wondering how to remove the 6 disc changer that's in the lower, center, of ...
    arejaye5000 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Cadillac Escalade

How do i remove 6 disc changer?

Have an 02 Escalade and I'm wondering how to remove the 6 disc changer that's in the lower, center, of the dash? I didnt want to go yanking on stuff. Are there any screws or does it pop on/off like the radio dash bezel? Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

TheCaddyKidd is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac Escalade EXT

Re: How do i remove 6 disc changer?

Just have to pop off the bezels.. If I recall correctly you have to remove the cup holder bezel, top radio/gauge bezel, and then the bezel around the cd changer.. once you pop it off you just have to unscrew 2 bolts.. one on each side of the changer and than you take it out and unplug it.. all the bezels just pop off..

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaddyKidd
    Just have to pop off the bezels.. If I recall correctly you have to remove the cup holder bezel, top radio/gauge bezel, and then the bezel around the cd changer.. once you pop it off you just have to unscrew 2 bolts.. one on each side of the changer and than you take it out and unplug it.. all the bezels just pop off..
    Awesome thanks so much! Think I'm putting a single din flip up/out kenwood DVD screen in that spot. Leaving the stock radio in so that it's stealthy. Thanks for the tip!

ESCALADE200224 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade ESV
    Quote Originally Posted by arejaye5000 View Post
    Awesome thanks so much! Think I'm putting a single din flip up/out kenwood DVD screen in that spot. Leaving the stock radio in so that it's stealthy. Thanks for the tip!
    My esv when I bought it had the Kenwood flipout there too. I moved it up though cause I didn't like looking down at it. I moved it up and feel so much better plus I got a storage place!

Quote Originally Posted by ESCALADE200224

My esv when I bought it had the Kenwood flipout there too. I moved it up though cause I didn't like looking down at it. I moved it up and feel so much better plus I got a storage place!
    I was wondering about that spot. Probably not the best spot considering wen ur driving you need to keep ur head up! So question, did you keep your stock speakers and everything and were able to hookup the kenwood still? I was wondering what kind of interface adaptor I'm gonna need to do this? Did it still sound clean and crisp like the Bose head unit or better? Thanks!

I was wondering about that spot. Probably not the best spot considering wen ur driving you need to keep ur head up! So question, did you keep your stock speakers and everything and were able to hookup the kenwood still? I was wondering what kind of interface adaptor I'm gonna need to do this? Did it still sound clean and crisp like the Bose head unit or better? Thanks!
    Yes when I bought the esky I looked and factory amp is still there and I believe it's running the door speakers. The sound is good I've had a 02 and it sounds worse than this 05 I have now. The adapter you'll need to maintain everything including onstar and amp functionality PAC OS-2CBOSE. Sonic electronix has them but im sure others have it as well. The one that's in my car is a peripheral but I can't remember what model it is but it works as well. I would take PAC any day though over peripheral cause they're more reliable IMO. Yes it was distracting looking down.

I just looked and the peripheral in my car is actually not supposed to support my year of escalade but it does somehow. It's GMAHLANB but it's the same price as the PAC one and does say its supported.

So even if I never use onstar, I still need the one made for w/ onstar just so I don't lose the door chimes correct?
    Also, did you have the kenwood Bluetooth ad-on when you had yours? I'm wondering how good they actually work, especially when streaming music from my iPhone via Bluetooth. What model HU did you have?

So even if I never use onstar, I still need the one made for w/ onstar just so I don't lose the door chimes correct?
    Also, did you have the kenwood Bluetooth ad-on when you had yours? I'm wondering how good they actually work, especially when streaming music from my iPhone via Bluetooth. What model HU did you have?
    If you don't care about onstar and you still get warning/door chimes then actually all you need is a PAC ROEM-GM21A. I believe in your 02 that's the only adapter you need. Thats at sonic electronix as well. Just reminder if you want to keep steering wheel controls you'll need a axxess aswc. It's the simplest install ever. If you want a full instruction on that for your vehicle I can make you a step by step for the whole install.

For Bluetooth I bought the galaxy 1000 which takes your existing onstar system and turns it into a Bluetooth system. This setup however doesn't stream audio from phone to radio but I didn't need that for I just plugged in through dock connector. I never have used or seen how their addon functions. I know the kca-bt200 has audio from iPhone to HU. So either a HU supported by that one or the newest you should be fine.

I have the head unit kvt-717DVD and I love it. But my needs are a little less than some others for example no sat radio or hd radio even though I'd like to have those and it is a option with this HU if I ever have money I can use towards these in other words not very high priority ATM.

the cadillac man is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade

Re: How do i remove 6 disc changer?

you only need a harness like this to connect the radio to the truck
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Scosche-Ca...-06-GM/4213069 as far as the dash kit and steering wheel controls it is up to you.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by ESCALADE200224 View Post
    If you don't care about onstar and you still get warning/door chimes then actually all you need is a PAC ROEM-GM21A. I believe in your 02 that's the only adapter you need. Thats at sonic electronix as well. Just reminder if you want to keep steering wheel controls you'll need a axxess aswc. It's the simplest install ever. If you want a full instruction on that for your vehicle I can make you a step by step for the whole install.

For Bluetooth I bought the galaxy 1000 which takes your existing onstar system and turns it into a Bluetooth system. This setup however doesn't stream audio from phone to radio but I didn't need that for I just plugged in through dock connector. I never have used or seen how their addon functions. I know the kca-bt200 has audio from iPhone to HU. So either a HU supported by that one or the newest you should be fine.

I have the head unit kvt-717DVD and I love it. But my needs are a little less than some others for example no sat radio or hd radio even though I'd like to have those and it is a option with this HU if I ever have money I can use towards these in other words not very high priority ATM.
    02 are different then the 02's as the radios are different in many ways.

Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man View Post
    you only need a harness like this to connect the radio to the truck
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Scosche-Ca...-06-GM/4213069 as far as the dash kit and steering wheel controls it is up to you.

----------

02 are different then the 02's as the radios are different in many ways.
    He doesn't need a dash kit if he's putting it in the same place as the cd changer. He can't use that Walmart adapter because it doesnt support the escalades and if he wants to keep the door chimes and warning sounds I mentioned that earlier. For everyone IMO that is a must.

Well I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I can't get this changer out! I got the bezel off that surrounds it. I can't get the Cupholder bezel off because the changer is in the way? What am I doing wrong? I took out all the screws in sight! The changer itself just slides out when you push the side plastic pieces down. But only comes out so far then it stops because of the Cupholder bezel. Any suggestions?

Well I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I can't get this changer out! I got the bezel off that surrounds it. I can't get the Cupholder bezel off because the changer is in the way? What am I doing wrong? I took out all the screws in sight! The changer itself just slides out when you push the side plastic pieces down. But only comes out so far then it stops because of the Cupholder bezel. Any suggestions?
    There are no screws for the cup holder bezel. You just pull up at the front then the back and wiggle it out.

Ok got it out!! So change of plans...I'm not putting the kenwood DVD in the changer spot. So where did you get the storage pocket that goes in there? I called the Chevy dealer and they couldn't find anything for 02 escalade?

I didn't get a pocket but if you want it you need to talk to someone with a Tahoe suburban or Yukon with a pocket and ask for it. I called my Cadillac dealer and they knew what I was talking about but for them to get that it's 200 dollars or more so I just leave it as a hole.

Also here's one on eBay again:

http://bit.ly/At52Cb

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.