escalade stereo question
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, escalade stereo question in Cadillac Escalade Forums; have a 05 with factory nav./bose..... what is a good way to get a aftermarket amp to hook up to ...
    devanwon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 escalade

Question escalade stereo question

have a 05 with factory nav./bose..... what is a good way to get a aftermarket amp to hook up to the system while still
    basically leaving the factory system alone other than whats needed to tap into it for the amp?

ideas??
    thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

mikedyk43 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by devanwon View Post
    have a 05 with factory nav./bose..... what is a good way to get a aftermarket amp to hook up to the system while still
    basically leaving the factory system alone other than whats needed to tap into it for the amp?

ideas??
    thanks
    Essentially you want RCA outputs from your stock radio. There are many places to buy this from, but here is a link to basically what you are looking for:

http://www.autotoys.com/x/product.php?productid=8569

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade

Re: escalade stereo question

there are two ways to connect to the stock amp and it depends on if you are doing the sub or the door speakers one is speaker level the other is line level which if you use the line level you do need a speaker to line level convertor and no you can't tell the difference i know from experience as i have used one in two audio setups i have done and i have high end speakers in both set-ups and can't tell the difference and i am a audiophile and can even tell a good speaker from a lower quality speaker just by hearing it.

----------

and mike i looked at the adaptor you linked to and it is not compatible with the escalade there is two types of radios lux and non lux and all caddies use the lux and the radios are different along with the amp.

well i want to leave the factory bose in tact with the factory amp... i want to add another amp.

mikedyk43 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man View Post
    and mike i looked at the adaptor you linked to and it is not compatible with the escalade there is two types of radios lux and non lux and all caddies use the lux and the radios are different along with the amp.
    Oops, you're right. I updated the link to one that is, thanks.

well i want to leave the factory bose in tact with the factory amp... i want to add another amp.
    for a sub or for speakers cause you will have to do it after the stock amp which is under the center let me know which one you want to hook up.

Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man View Post
    for a sub or for speakers cause you will have to do it after the stock amp which is under the center let me know which one you want to hook up.
    I want to leave everything in tact...... the only thing i want to add is a set of rca's for signal so i can run another amp for my subwoofer

I want to leave everything in tact...... the only thing i want to add is a set of rca's for signal so i can run another amp for my subwoofer
    i suggest getting a speaker to line convertor and connect it to one channel off of the two sub channels on the stock amp if you need help let me know cause i have took out the center console and hooked up a aftermarket sub and love the sound and it really tightened up the low end i have pics of the sub and a link to the sub i have.p.s. i suggest when you add the aftermarket sub that you disconnect the stock sub and it degrades the sound compared to a better sub.

so is the stock sub located under the center console?? and where is the amp for this under there also??

ESCALADE200224 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade ESV
    In the 03-06 lades they are in the center console. In 02s and previous they're in the back quarter panel driver side.

so is the stock sub located under the center console?? and where is the amp for this under there also??
    both the amp and sub is under the center console and i suggest only using one of the two channels that is what i did as i tried both on the same convertor and didn't hear much difference and when i turn one channel up in order to level out the sound level they cancel each other out but just using one channel won't be a big difference in the bass line anyway p.s. if you need to know how to get to both let me know as i have removed the sub and it is a bit time consuming but it is worth the time.

MrSeville4.9 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1993 Cadillac Seville 4.9, 2004 Cadillac Escalade ESV 6.0

What is the size of the stock sub in the console? I was thinking bout just getting one 12" sub in the back side molding area in a custom encloser and maybe an aftermarket sub in the front console.

ESCALADE200224 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade ESV
    The sub in the front is a 8 or 6.5inch one.

Quote Originally Posted by ESCALADE200224 View Post
    The sub in the front is a 8 or 6.5inch one.
    it is a 6.5 inch dvc sub under the front of the center console the 02's had the 8 inch sub in the rear trim panel.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.