2002 Escalade AWD 6.0 JL4 - Service Stability System - BPMV Part Number Needed
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, 2002 Escalade AWD 6.0 JL4 - Service Stability System - BPMV Part Number Needed in Cadillac Escalade Forums; What an adventure this problem has been. What started out as a simple front caliper replacement soon turned into corroded, ...
    ScoreBo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade 2002

2002 Escalade AWD 6.0 JL4 - Service Stability System - BPMV Part Number Needed

What an adventure this problem has been. What started out as a simple front caliper replacement soon turned into corroded, leaking brake lines, then the dreaded Service Stability System message on the DIC. After picking up the truck from my mechanic because of the leaking brake lines, the EBCM was throwing a C0286 code (only when the temperature was below 40 degrees F). The new gray MPA switch was then replaced without helping. I was then told it could be either the EBCM (they told me doubtful) and it was more than likely the Brake Pressure Modulator Valve (BPMV). Because of the believed cost (I have read here and the Internet), I got a second opinion. I took it to a local Chevy dealer and they confirmed it is indeed the BPMV. I have a quote of $1400 from the original mechanic and $1800 from the Chevy dealer. I can get either to install my supplied part plus two hours of labor. Does someone know the exact part number for my BPMV? My 2002 is an AWD 6.0L with the JL4 brake system. I believe the BPMV is 88983913, but would love to confirm. If this is the part, I could save over $500 on a new one from GMPartsDirect. $721 + a couple hours of labor could get me installed for under $1000.

I am hopeful this information will be useful to others since it appears to be a common problem on these trucks.

Thanks,

John

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ScoreBo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade 2002

Re: 2002 Escalade AWD 6.0 JL4 - Service Stability System - BPMV Part Number Needed

I confirmed with the Chevy dealer that the BPMV part number is indeed 88983913. After explaining GMPartsDirect pricing, I am getting this installed for $1160. I hope this helps others in the future.

sosatime is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: 2002 Escalade AWD 6.0 JL4 - Service Stability System - BPMV Part Number Needed

did the BPMV fixed you're C0286 code. after replacement did you're SSS stability light go off.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.