Car shakes
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Car shakes in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hi can any one help my car starts to shake from side to side from about 20 mph its not ...
    PIGLET is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 escalade

Car shakes

Hi can any one help my car starts to shake from side to side from about 20 mph its not a violent shake but its there and driving me mad, iv had the wheels balanced, new idler arm, checked prop uj front and rear, new rotors front and rear any help would be great

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade

Re: Car shakes

sounds like someone didn't balance one of the wheels right i know as mine does a slight shake like this at 70-75 either that or you have a broke belt or sidewall in one of the tires which means it is defictive.

Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler

Did you have the wheels road force balanced?
    The above post is my 2 cents....nothing more.

zogg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade EXT

I am also betting on broken belts int he tires....rotors only cause the wheels to shake during braking.

Rotate the tires front to rear and if the shaking goes away, you have broken belts in the tires....good luck

thanks i will have the wheels/tyres looked at again the rear tyres are new but the front are not so i will get the front looked at first

Quote Originally Posted by PIGLET View Post
    thanks i will have the wheels/tyres looked at again the rear tyres are new but the front are not so i will get the front looked at first
    i'd bet one of the rear tires wasn't balanced right let us know how it comes out.

had wheels rebalanced all ok checked all rear trailing arm bushes they are ok and the panard rod bushes they are ok, there is a small amount of play in the transfer box prop outputs but no more than i would expect, but what ever it is the rear sway bar has now snapped i have removed the sway bar and it still shakes mostly between 20/30 mph any help

Quote Originally Posted by PIGLET View Post
    had wheels rebalanced all ok checked all rear trailing arm bushes they are ok and the panard rod bushes they are ok, there is a small amount of play in the transfer box prop outputs but no more than i would expect, but what ever it is the rear sway bar has now snapped i have removed the sway bar and it still shakes mostly between 20/30 mph any help
    that might be the problem i have never had the sway bar snap before but there always a first time try replacing the sway bar with a new one and see if the shaking goes away also if your spare tire is in good shape try it at each side on the rear until you find a culprit something ain't right somewhere.

found the problem the front n/s tyre had a small flat spot on the inside of the tread about 8" long 3" across the tread the guy doing the balancing felt it when he slowed the machine down with his leg then you could see there was less tread in that one spot glad its sorted thanks for all your help

your welcome i am glad to help out anytime.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.