Time to upgrade my sound system in my 2005 Escalade :)
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 65
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Time to upgrade my sound system in my 2005 Escalade :) in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hi, I'm going to try and do things myself since i have a bit of experience from back in the ...
  1. #1
    2005_ESCALADE is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chitown
    Age
    36
    Posts
    42

    Time to upgrade my sound system in my 2005 Escalade :)

    Hi,

    I'm going to try and do things myself since i have a bit of experience from back in the day.

    But this is what i plan to do. I want to make my stock stereo pound with a bit of help keeping it as stealth as possible. (Reason i wont go aftermarket is, i work in bad areas where im required to drive to and any hint of sound system will trigger these hedonists).

    I also plan to document and take pictures so our fellow Escalade enthusiasts can either learn with me or do tha total opposite, lol

    I'll post what i have and what i'm going to need/use. Some of these items have been collecting dust over a period of time, so i figured i'll put them up to good use.

    Amps.
    Hertz EP4
    Hertz EP1

    Door Speakers
    JL audio 6.5" 3way's in front with custom speaker pods by Custom speaker pods.com painted Shale to match as close as possible
    JL audio 5.25" 2 way's in back door panels, also in pods " "
    Rear
    Custom cutouts on rear pillars for 6.5" JL audio coaxials
    Subwoofer
    Critical Mass SS82 8" in a small .5 cubic sealed box.

    DSP
    Either
    Rockford 3.sixty2 or Alpine Pxe- H660
    (can't afford the audison onebit )

    Wiring & Accesories
    Stinger 1/0 Wiring OFC with multiple amp kit distribution blocks
    Kinetic HC2000 battery

    I will be updating this thread as i get going, i'm hoping to start getting things going within the next few days. Wish me luck.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    mosimann is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade EXT
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Age
    39
    Posts
    64

    Re: Time to upgrade my sound system in my 2005 Escalade :)

    Cool! Subscribed.

  4. #3
    enger126 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac Escalade
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    28
    Posts
    151

    Re: Time to upgrade my sound system in my 2005 Escalade :)

    Looks good and I really like the 3sixty.2

  5. #4
    the cadillac man's Avatar
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    speedwell tn,
    Posts
    7,837

    Re: Time to upgrade my sound system in my 2005 Escalade :)

    cool but i beat you to the punch and went with infinity speakers and used the factory amp and radio along with a aftermarket powered sub and you can't tell the difference from it and a aftermarket radio and that i have different speakers i do plan on painting my front tweeters shale to match the rest of my interior if you want some pics let me know and the sound has improved tremdiously highs are clear as a bell i can finally hear the mid-range and the sub i have has a nice tight punchy bass no boomyness like the stock sub and i do have my sub under the center console it was a lot of work but if i can keep someone from breaking into my truck and stealing stuff and my speakers stealth is the way to go i hate when people try to steal stuff it does me glad i can still use the stock radio and amp

  6. #5
    ESCALADE200224's Avatar
    ESCALADE200224 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade ESV
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Midwest US
    Posts
    253
    If you want stealthy look and good bass I recommend if you always have a bench seat in your truck then buy 10 inch sub box that goes under the seats like:

    http://bit.ly/xN2iXV

    And get yourself a good 10 inch sub.

    Just a suggestion.

  7. #6
    the cadillac man's Avatar
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    speedwell tn,
    Posts
    7,837

    Re: Time to upgrade my sound system in my 2005 Escalade :)

    does anyone have any suggestions for painting my infinity tweeters to match the rest of the trim so they ain't sticking out cause black don't blend well with shale

  8. #7
    2005_ESCALADE is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chitown
    Age
    36
    Posts
    42
    Thread Starter

    Re: Time to upgrade my sound system in my 2005 Escalade :)

    Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man View Post
    cool but i beat you to the punch and went with infinity speakers and used the factory amp and radio along with a aftermarket powered sub and you can't tell the difference from it and a aftermarket radio and that i have different speakers i do plan on painting my front tweeters shale to match the rest of my interior if you want some pics let me know and the sound has improved tremdiously highs are clear as a bell i can finally hear the mid-range and the sub i have has a nice tight punchy bass no boomyness like the stock sub and i do have my sub under the center console it was a lot of work but if i can keep someone from breaking into my truck and stealing stuff and my speakers stealth is the way to go i hate when people try to steal stuff it does me glad i can still use the stock radio and amp
    Well, you did beat me. However my system and yours will be a bit different.

    ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by ESCALADE200224 View Post
    If you want stealthy look and good bass I recommend if you always have a bench seat in your truck then buy 10 inch sub box that goes under the seats like:

    http://bit.ly/xN2iXV

    And get yourself a good 10 inch sub.

    Just a suggestion.
    I have a 10" RE SX (American made) version ready in case my critical mass 8" doesn't do its job.

    As far as the qlogic box, my amps will be going under the rear seats in custom fanned enclosures.

    ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by enger126 View Post
    Looks good and I really like the 3sixty.2
    Thank you, we had a blizzard here, and Fedex still came through on a saturday morning to finish delivering the 1/0 stinger wire, now just waiting on some of this cold and snow to melt to start doing the job.

  9. #8
    ESCALADE200224's Avatar
    ESCALADE200224 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade ESV
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Midwest US
    Posts
    253
    Quote Originally Posted by 2005_ESCALADE View Post
    Well, you did beat me. However my system and yours will be a bit different.

    ----------



    I have a 10" RE SX (American made) version ready in case my critical mass 8" doesn't do its job.

    As far as the qlogic box, my amps will be going under the rear seats in custom fanned enclosures.

    ----------



    Thank you, we had a blizzard here, and Fedex still came through on a saturday morning to finish delivering the 1/0 stinger wire, now just waiting on some of this cold and snow to melt to start doing the job.
    Well if you have the small escalade not the esv or ext I suggest:

    http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...from=857-1-207

    It's expensive but it is cheaper in other places and comes in different colors on other sites.

  10. #9
    the cadillac man's Avatar
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    speedwell tn,
    Posts
    7,837

    Re: Time to upgrade my sound system in my 2005 Escalade :)

    i have one of these under my center console and it performs great and i get no rattles http://www.crutchfield.com/p_777B8PT...w#overview-tab only bad part about keeping the stock amp is some aftermarket amps won't play nice on the speaker line input i ended up using a speaker to line level convertor and only had o use one of the 2 sub channels on the stock amp just a head's up if you do use the sub feeds which sound better then using the door speaker feeds as there is a crossover in the amp between the sub and door speakers so keep this in mind and if you need to know how to remove the console let me know as it gives a better access to the speaker wires.

  11. #10
    enger126 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac Escalade
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    28
    Posts
    151

    Re: Time to upgrade my sound system in my 2005 Escalade :)

    I think he plans on using a dsp of some sort so I don't think he is worried about the stock crossover from the factory he can tie into speaker wires anywhere and adjust using the dsp.

  12. #11
    2005_ESCALADE is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chitown
    Age
    36
    Posts
    42
    Thread Starter

    Re: Time to upgrade my sound system in my 2005 Escalade :)

    Quote Originally Posted by enger126 View Post
    I think he plans on using a dsp of some sort so I don't think he is worried about the stock crossover from the factory he can tie into speaker wires anywhere and adjust using the dsp.
    Thank you, this is what i'll be doing. I will be canceling out all need for any speaker to be driven out of the stock amp.

  13. #12
    the cadillac man's Avatar
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    speedwell tn,
    Posts
    7,837

    Re: Time to upgrade my sound system in my 2005 Escalade :)

    just keep in mind that the sub channels and rear tweeters are on separate channels on the stock amp so be sure the dsp you have can work with eight channels of audio that is why i mentioned the crossovers in the stock amp which if you don't consider you may not get the sound quality your looking for and no you can't bypass the stock amp as the radio only sends two channels of audio to the amp and two channels to the rear seat audio controls also the amp works both volume and other controls just an fyi and i did think of using a amp between my stock amp and speakers but i didn't need it as my infinity speakers will work on the stock amp as they are 2 ohms but the stuff you have sounds nice i would love to how it comes out to see how you get the rear pillar speakers in.

  14. #13
    ESCALADE200224's Avatar
    ESCALADE200224 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade ESV
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Midwest US
    Posts
    253
    Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man View Post
    just keep in mind that the sub channels and rear tweeters are on separate channels on the stock amp so be sure the dsp you have can work with eight channels of audio that is why i mentioned the crossovers in the stock amp which if you don't consider you may not get the sound quality your looking for and no you can't bypass the stock amp as the radio only sends two channels of audio to the amp and two channels to the rear seat audio controls also the amp works both volume and other controls just an fyi and i did think of using a amp between my stock amp and speakers but i didn't need it as my infinity speakers will work on the stock amp as they are 2 ohms but the stuff you have sounds nice i would love to how it comes out to see how you get the rear pillar speakers in.
    You can buy pillar pods for the back that have cut outs made for 6.5 inch speakers. So im predicting the wiring is gonna be the hardest thing he does.

    Remember to post pics!!!

  15. #14
    the cadillac man's Avatar
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    speedwell tn,
    Posts
    7,837

    Re: Time to upgrade my sound system in my 2005 Escalade :)

    i agree wiring can be a pain and i second on the pics i want to see the outcome i may upgrade some on mine.

  16. #15
    2005_ESCALADE is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chitown
    Age
    36
    Posts
    42
    Thread Starter

    Re: Time to upgrade my sound system in my 2005 Escalade :)

    Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man View Post
    i agree wiring can be a pain and i second on the pics i want to see the outcome i may upgrade some on mine.

    Sorry guys,

    I decided to renovate my home completely and that took all my time and money lol. Also figured out that where i wanted to originally mount my sub wont work, so now i have a dilemma since i'm trying to keep it "stealth". I wanted to edit the original post since I have sold/acquired different items. So if anyone has anything i'm gonna post that i need, please let me know how much you want and more than likely if it's fair, we can do business.

    I Still have the following.
    Stock 2005 Escalade Touch Screen Radio with Navigation + PAC Audio Interface AOEM-GM24 interface with 4 RCA PRE-OUTS (Front Left, Front Right & Rear Left, Rear Right)
    Hertz Audio EP4 Channel Amplifier
    Hertz Audio EP1D 1 Channel Amplifier
    3 Way JL AUDIO Speakers with their respective crossovers
    I no longer have the JL audio 2ways (Sold them to a buddy)
    Critical Mass R6 Speakers for the rear Pillars (D-Pillar) 6"
    1 Sundown Audio sax1200D Amp for the sub
    1 10" RE Audio Subwoofer
    Front 3 way Speaker pods in shale color from Customspeakerpods.com
    (I) decided to just add regular Jl Audio 5.25's in the passenger doors in stock location.
    (6) Sets of Premium RCA's from monoprice.com
    (2) Stinger 1 to 4 Gauge distribution blocks

    Now things i still need
    Custom Tuned 1.25 ^3 box tuned to 34hz (it must fit between the third row and rear door that has to fit my 10" which has a depth of 6". (I have the baby escalade) so not much space.
    I'm trying to see if i can get by with an Equalizer and abandon "DSP" altogether, since my only issue will be getting a low frequency output to my sub. (If anyone has input or ideas please let me know).

    This past sunday we ran 1/0 stinger wire to the battery and is now waiting for the AMP boards to be upholstered. (I also abandoned the fan enclosure idea) i figured it may due more harm than good since they're already going to be in a confined space (Under the second row seats)

    I apologize for the delay, but i will post pics of everything!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting