Time to upgrade my sound system in my 2005 Escalade :) - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Time to upgrade my sound system in my 2005 Escalade :) in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I am thinking about going back to stock havent 100% decided yet but how much for the 2 front door ...
    bpc87 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Time to upgrade my sound system in my 2005 Escalade :)

I am thinking about going back to stock havent 100% decided yet but how much for the 2 front door speakers cadillac man. The speakers still move and i know what you mean a crunch sound like if you had a blown sub. When i took out the passenger side door speaker where the wiring harness goes in on the speaker was all rusted and corroated like water got in there. I also noticed when i took the speaker out there was a foam baffle around it. If i replace my speakers with aftermarket i think im going to put baffles back on them.

How hard was it to get up to the back tweeters. I also like your idea of making that bigger what did you do drill that out then use a bracket? Or how did you do that

2005_ESCALADE is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by bpc87 View Post
    How hard was it to get up to the back tweeters. I also like your idea of making that bigger what did you do drill that out then use a bracket? Or how did you do that
    Not hard, just a bit of ingenuity. We took down the D pillars, cut an opening installed a 6 3/4" wodden o-ring to the pillar with an outer edge to make it stand out a bit, then secured it and found matching fabric with padding to go around it, stapled and voila! We were working hard against the rain so i didnt get a chance to snap fab pictures, i can for a future project. I'm sure i'll be doing it again. Oh,, that long 3 5/8 drywall/metal screw you see at the top is to secure the D pillar unto the body since it is still a snap in..just tighten enough so it doesnt move. Yeah, tacky but had to be done so it doesnt blow off from 160 watts rms each side. Anyway once the speaker and grille are installed you wont see it. Added protection is what i call it, because it cant just be ripped out.

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade

I am thinking about going back to stock havent 100% decided yet but how much for the 2 front door speakers cadillac man. The speakers still move and i know what you mean a crunch sound like if you had a blown sub. When i took out the passenger side door speaker where the wiring harness goes in on the speaker was all rusted and corroated like water got in there. I also noticed when i took the speaker out there was a foam baffle around it. If i replace my speakers with aftermarket i think im going to put baffles back on them.
    200 dollars for all of them both front door speakers with tweeters and the rear door speakers with the rear tweeters let me know if you will need the sub as it is boxed separately. p.s. the only way to remove the baffles from the stock speakers is to cut them and that is something i ain't trying.

I was going to buy new baffles i def was not trying to cut those off my dad recommended that when we took out one speaker and i was like no dad ill buy
    baffles before i take the other one off haha. Making the rear pillar speakers bigger is well worth whatever you had to do it looks good. No i wouldnt need the sub my sub is good but 200 for all the speakers is not bad. Ill probably take them because i know i put a beating on my stock speakers. Can you hold them because in order for me to buy them i need to return 2 sets of speakers to crutchfield and then i can send you the money out of my paypal account if thats alright.

Quote Originally Posted by bpc87
    I was going to buy new baffles i def was not trying to cut those off my dad recommended that when we took out one speaker and i was like no dad ill buy
    baffles before i take the other one off haha. Making the rear pillar speakers bigger is well worth whatever you had to do it looks good. No i wouldnt need the sub my sub is good but 200 for all the speakers is not bad. Ill probably take them because i know i put a beating on my stock speakers. Can you hold them because in order for me to buy them i need to return 2 sets of speakers to crutchfield and then i can send you the money out of my paypal account if thats alright.
    Sure just drop me a email @general0282001@yahoo.com and let know your preferred shipping method so I can get the shipping costs just keep in mind I accept money order so when you email me I will give you my address so you can send it to me and soon as I get it I will ship the speakers out as soon as possible.
    I will also email a pic of the speakers which are in great shape.

Alright so you wanna do a money order instead? That might take a little longer because i had money set aside for speakers in my paypal account because i was getting them from crutchfield. But im sure i can figure something out haha can i get a few pics of them my email is bpc4587@gmail.com

UPDATE: Pictures will be posted tonight, we had a problem with the OEM1 module. Ordered a C2A-GM24 Module to see if this resolves our attenuation issues. Everything sounded badass until we couldnt control our line-out volume from the stereo with the OEM1 module.

Quote Originally Posted by 2005_ESCALADE
    UPDATE: Pictures will be posted tonight, we had a problem with the OEM1 module. Ordered a C2A-GM24 Module to see if this resolves our attenuation issues. Everything sounded badass until we couldnt control our line-out volume from the stereo with the OEM1 module.
    I can't wait I would like to see your setup.

I did decide to put my bose HU back in and i gotta tell you it sounds better than it did before maybe there was something wrong with that HU who knows. I got my stock sub back too which is great because it adds a little punch to my music but i wanna hook my subs back up can i just get a line output converter and do that or is there more to it then that?

I did decide to put my bose HU back in and i gotta tell you it sounds better than it did before maybe there was something wrong with that HU who knows. I got my stock sub back too which is great because it adds a little punch to my music but i wanna hook my subs back up can i just get a line output converter and do that or is there more to it then that?
    heck i ditched my stock sub and used a line out convertor to connect my sub under the console i was gonna use the speaker level inputs but the stock amp didn't like itwhich caused me to have to remove my console for a third time i had it out right the first time just didn't have time to finish the work so i had to do it another day which ended up being three days to get the bugs worked out of the system but now it works great.

UPDATE:

Sorry about the lack of pictures just yet, but we are now having issues with our damn RCA line out Modules, the first one was incorrect, the one that is supposed to be for my vehicle is not working? wtf

Quote Originally Posted by 2005_ESCALADE
    UPDATE:

Sorry about the lack of pictures just yet, but we are now having issues with our damn RCA line out Modules, the first one was incorrect, the one that is supposed to be for my vehicle is not working? wtf
    Ouch it sucks when stuff don't work I know I was installing a sirius radio tuner yesterday and the darn harness was defective not a good thing to fine out after tearing the dash apart to install it.

Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man View Post
    Ouch it sucks when stuff don't work I know I was installing a sirius radio tuner yesterday and the darn harness was defective not a good thing to fine out after tearing the dash apart to install it.
    This is some crazy stuff, i decided to work on it by myself after work, i took the dash apart again and looked over the BRAND NEW C2A-GM24 who PAC-Audio said was what i needed. We originally followed their instructions to the t, since we didnt want to fudge anything up.The Instructions call for the ground to be connected to the source of the aftermarket ground prior to installing rca's, it also had some instructions on fading, and grounding it to get front or reverse fade, and other option was leaving it alone to not have any fade, which is what we did.. Just left it alone so we wouldnt have another issue to worry about. Well what it failed to mention is that YOU ABSOLUTELY have to connect the REMOTE out wire from the module to your amp/amps in order to i guess, complete the circuit. Not any keyed circuit. Well finally, a grin exhumed from my inner core when music started playing from amp'd speakers. I was even confident and made sure all connections were clear and tight prior to putting the factory radio back into the dash, well when i finally put it back, in the slot. I turned radio on and silence from my amp'd speakers, once again. !!! pulled radio back out checked everything over and over and over and over and found nothing wrong, disconnected harness from vehicle to harness and started playing again.. lol.. well i left it playing while i put everything back in, this time... and so far it's sounding great. I'm very surprised and happy on the clarity of everything ! Maybe i'm being a little biased but to me, this is the best sounding system i've ever heard while retaining the factory stereo.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.