Time to upgrade my sound system in my 2005 Escalade :) - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Time to upgrade my sound system in my 2005 Escalade :) in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Originally Posted by 2005_ESCALADE Sorry guys, I decided to renovate my home completely and that took all my time and ...
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by 2005_ESCALADE

Sorry guys,

I decided to renovate my home completely and that took all my time and money lol. Also figured out that where i wanted to originally mount my sub wont work, so now i have a dilemma since i'm trying to keep it "stealth". I wanted to edit the original post since I have sold/acquired different items. So if anyone has anything i'm gonna post that i need, please let me know how much you want and more than likely if it's fair, we can do business.

I Still have the following.
    Stock 2005 Escalade Touch Screen Radio with Navigation + PAC Audio Interface AOEM-GM24 interface with 4 RCA PRE-OUTS (Front Left, Front Right & Rear Left, Rear Right)
    Hertz Audio EP4 Channel Amplifier
    Hertz Audio EP1D 1 Channel Amplifier
    3 Way JL AUDIO Speakers with their respective crossovers
    I no longer have the JL audio 2ways (Sold them to a buddy)
    Critical Mass R6 Speakers for the rear Pillars (D-Pillar) 6"
    1 Sundown Audio sax1200D Amp for the sub
    1 10" RE Audio Subwoofer
    Front 3 way Speaker pods in shale color from Customspeakerpods.com
    (I) decided to just add regular Jl Audio 5.25's in the passenger doors in stock location.
    (6) Sets of Premium RCA's from monoprice.com
    (2) Stinger 1 to 4 Gauge distribution blocks

Now things i still need
    Custom Tuned 1.25 ^3 box tuned to 34hz (it must fit between the third row and rear door that has to fit my 10" which has a depth of 6". (I have the baby escalade) so not much space.
    I'm trying to see if i can get by with an Equalizer and abandon "DSP" altogether, since my only issue will be getting a low frequency output to my sub. (If anyone has input or ideas please let me know).

This past sunday we ran 1/0 stinger wire to the battery and is now waiting for the AMP boards to be upholstered. (I also abandoned the fan enclosure idea) i figured it may due more harm than good since they're already going to be in a confined space (Under the second row seats)

I apologize for the delay, but i will post pics of everything!
    The dsp is only if you want it, the Sony radio I installed in my other car has one but I rarely use it but it does have a front left and front right selection(along with a couple others) which does great for getting the center stage in front of the driver of front passenger but it is worthless if you don't position the speakers just right I installed my front tweeters slightly above my ear level in the a-pillars quite a painstaking process to get it just right in order for the timing to be just right for both balance from woofer to tweeter

The subwoofer needs to be crossed over or it won't sound right and can be damaged.
    Also nice system I am using the stock radio in my truck and am getting great sound surprised me the difference (I hate Bose) even ditched the stock "sub" for a 8inch under the center as I like stealth.
    Btw how does a three way setup sound as far as sound staging goes I am thinking of doing one sometime just have to decide on if I want ribbon tweets and mid's or dome's as I will be doing a custom setup.(leaning towards ribbon as my home audio speakers has them for the tweeters)

2005_ESCALADE is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade

Re: Time to upgrade my sound system in my 2005 Escalade :)

Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man View Post
    The dsp is only if you want it, the Sony radio I installed in my other car has one but I rarely use it but it does have a front left and front right selection(along with a couple others) which does great for getting the center stage in front of the driver of front passenger but it is worthless if you don't position the speakers just right I installed my front tweeters slightly above my ear level in the a-pillars quite a painstaking process to get it just right in order for the timing to be just right for both balance from woofer to tweeter

The subwoofer needs to be crossed over or it won't sound right and can be damaged.
    Also nice system I am using the stock radio in my truck and am getting great sound surprised me the difference (I hate Bose) even ditched the stock "sub" for a 8inch under the center as I like stealth.
    Btw how does a three way setup sound as far as sound staging goes I am thinking of doing one sometime just have to decide on if I want ribbon tweets and mid's or dome's as I will be doing a custom setup.(leaning towards ribbon as my home audio speakers has them for the tweeters)
    Thank you for your reply. I have a question for you, hopefully you may know. I haven't taken my center console apart. I may not have to, and this is why. What is the depth of the stock sub enclosure?

As to your question, the 3 ways are going to be a test trial since i'm planning on setting the tweeter firing upwards from the lower door panel, with speaker pods. The woofer, mid and high all go in the speaker pod. Ribbons are great and you can find them for a great price at parts-express.com

this is the sub i am running in my truck and yes it fit under the center but it a tight fit but that is a good thing as to keep the sub from moving in case you have to throw on the brakes (it is a all in one package) works great with plenty of low end punch without being boomy and match great with the infinity speakers i am running now
    http://www.crutchfield.com/p_777B8PT...w#overview-tab
    don't let the size of the sub fool you it is a great sub for the price there is another sub the will fit also but it pricier then this sub.
    i haven't decided on when i am going to switch to ribbons for the mids and highs but i have bought from parts-express before as i had to buy a new set of ribbon tweeters for my home infinity rs-5 speakers which sound great for the price i paid it is just bring to get the crossover right to prevent damaging the drivers.

this is the sub i am running in my truck and yes it fit under the center but it a tight fit but that is a good thing as to keep the sub from moving in case you have to throw on the brakes (it is a all in one package) works great with plenty of low end punch without being boomy and match great with the infinity speakers i am running now
    http://www.crutchfield.com/p_777B8PT...w#overview-tab
    don't let the size of the sub fool you it is a great sub for the price there is another sub the will fit also but it pricier then this sub.
    i haven't decided on when i am going to switch to ribbons for the mids and highs but i have bought from parts-express before as i had to buy a new set of ribbon tweeters for my home infinity rs-5 speakers which sound great for the price i paid it is just bring to get the crossover right to prevent damaging the drivers.

I was referring to the stock enclosure, i remember reading you trying out sound ordnance, they are badass woofers, and definitely not a joke for the price.

I was referring to the stock enclosure, i remember reading you trying out sound ordnance, they are badass woofers, and definitely not a joke for the price.
    Well I would have to unbox my stock sub to get the measurements of the box but I will get them by tomorrow as it takes a bit to package the sub back up the way I had it
    Btw i am only using one channel off of the stock sub channels on the amp and the sound ordnance sub will shake the rear view with what power it has.

Well I would have to unbox my stock sub to get the measurements of the box but I will get them by tomorrow as it takes a bit to package the sub back up the way I had it
    Btw i am only using one channel off of the stock sub channels on the amp and the sound ordnance sub will shake the rear view with what power it has.
    I dont understand how you pulled the line out of your sub channel, you spliced the + and _ and added a line out converter or did you use a module, like i am?

If you were able to achieve a low level output from the subchannel, then i may just have to splice off of it as well to get me a simulated 6.1 ... please tell me more!

You dont have to do all that work to get me the depth dimensions, i was just curious as too see if i still can use my 8" critical mass ss82 sub in there with ridiculous needed depth space. If not i may have it up for sale shortly, fudge it.

Accidental double post. sorry..

I dont understand how you pulled the line out of your sub channel, you spliced the + and _ and added a line out converter or did you use a module, like i am?

If you were able to achieve a low level output from the subchannel, then i may just have to splice off of it as well to get me a simulated 6.1 ... please tell me more!

You dont have to do all that work to get me the depth dimensions, i was just curious as too see if i still can use my 8" critical mass ss82 sub in there with ridiculous needed depth space. If not i may have it up for sale shortly, fudge it.
    I am using a line out converter to get the signal to my sub off of one channel so far but I may add both the left and right channels to see if there is a difference also you won't be able to use a full range speaker on the sub channels as it can damage the speaker.

If you can get the dimensions of your sub box I will see if it is close to the stock sub box.

I am using a line out converter to get the signal to my sub off of one channel so far but I may add both the left and right channels to see if there is a difference also you won't be able to use a full range speaker on the sub channels as it can damage the speaker.

If you can get the dimensions of your sub box I will see if it is close to the stock sub box.
    That's my question where did you tap into, to get your line out for your sub, also, my sub box will be installed behind the third row seat what i'm asking about is the DEPTH of the stock box enclosure.

That's my question where did you tap into, to get your line out for your sub, also, my sub box will be installed behind the third row seat what i'm asking about is the DEPTH of the stock box enclosure.
    Do you still have your stock amp?

cause I still have mine and that is how I got the sub channels to install my aftermarket sub

I haven't got exact depth measurements yet as I haven't yet measured it but I'd say it is about 7-8inches and the shortest spot to almost 20 inches at the longest point
    Although there is more room under the center then what is needed for the stock sub.
    Did you look at the specs of my sub as it is the closest to the fullest amount of space to use under the center console,
    I have been thinking of getting a couple of Rockford fosgate punch amps to run my door speakers and rear tweeters.

Do you still have your stock amp?

cause I still have mine and that is how I got the sub channels to install my aftermarket sub

I haven't got exact depth measurements yet as I haven't yet measured it but I'd say it is about 7-8inches and the shortest spot to almost 20 inches at the longest point
    Although there is more room under the center then what is needed for the stock sub.
    Did you look at the specs of my sub as it is the closest to the fullest amount of space to use under the center console,
    I have been thinking of getting a couple of Rockford fosgate punch amps to run my door speakers and rear tweeters.
    Yes, i still have my stock amp, it's running the aftermarket Phosgate punch door speakers installed by previous owner.

bpc87 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I have an 02 base Escalade and i want to know how to get under the console to the factory amp. Does anyone know how much work or how hard it is too rewire the speakers and put a aftermarket amp in that spot or under the back seat. I already have 2 12's in the back and a 4 gauge amp kit going to my aftermarket radio and battery. Cant i just from that spot get a distribution block and have the 4 coming in and have an 8 gauge kit coming off it going to the amp for the speakers. Also would a 4 channel amp work or do i need something bigger or 2 four channel amps. What would I do Front Left, Front Right, Right Rear and Left Rear or some other way. Im not exactly new to car audio but im just having a brain fart i guess you could call it I cant figure out or wrap my head around how to rewire because theres like 12 Speakers in it i think. Anybody with any input or help would be appreciated. I have blown both front door speakers along with the tweeter and center speaker in the console on the right. So now i am really wondering about rewiring my truck because i dont know if there is something wrong with the speakers or the amp either way i have just about everything to do it if i can use a 4 channel amp except obviously the speakers and distribution block if i can do it that way. Also would i use componets just in the doors or whats the deal with that usually i can figure something out but when it comes to this thing im stumped so once again anyone with help/ advice/ input it would be appreciated and i know this is long sorry guys

i have one of these under my center console and it performs great and i get no rattles http://www.crutchfield.com/p_777B8PT...w#overview-tab only bad part about keeping the stock amp is some aftermarket amps won't play nice on the speaker line input i ended up using a speaker to line level convertor and only had o use one of the 2 sub channels on the stock amp just a head's up if you do use the sub feeds which sound better then using the door speaker feeds as there is a crossover in the amp between the sub and door speakers so keep this in mind and if you need to know how to remove the console let me know as it gives a better access to the speaker wires.

Quote Originally Posted by bpc87
    I have an 02 base Escalade and i want to know how to get under the console to the factory amp. Does anyone know how much work or how hard it is too rewire the speakers and put a aftermarket amp in that spot or under the back seat. I already have 2 12's in the back and a 4 gauge amp kit going to my aftermarket radio and battery. Cant i just from that spot get a distribution block and have the 4 coming in and have an 8 gauge kit coming off it going to the amp for the speakers. Also would a 4 channel amp work or do i need something bigger or 2 four channel amps. What would I do Front Left, Front Right, Right Rear and Left Rear or some other way. Im not exactly new to car audio but im just having a brain fart i guess you could call it I cant figure out or wrap my head around how to rewire because theres like 12 Speakers in it i think. Anybody with any input or help would be appreciated. I have blown both front door speakers along with the tweeter and center speaker in the console on the right. So now i am really wondering about rewiring my truck because i dont know if there is something wrong with the speakers or the amp either way i have just about everything to do it if i can use a 4 channel amp except obviously the speakers and distribution block if i can do it that way. Also would i use componets just in the doors or whats the deal with that usually i can figure something out but when it comes to this thing im stumped so once again anyone with help/ advice/ input it would be appreciated and i know this is long sorry guys
    The amp in the 02's Bose speaker system is under the rear trim near the sub on the driver's side removing the trim is just you going by my how-to for the a/c in the rear but on the driver's side and yes if you are getting the signal from the stock radio or aftermarket if you have changed the radio and it is wired up through the stock wiring you can use a amp from the stock wiring spot
    Just a word of advise I suggest using a crossover. And running new wires for the rear tweeters if you keep them as they are in series on the stock amp

Installing a amp isn't hard it is just figuring out which wires is which I know crutch field's website has a wiring diagram for pretty much every factory system ever put out
    I do know there at least 8 wires coming from the radio on the 02's

I hope I have helped you out so far.

P.s if you remove the mid range horns from the center console let me know I have been trying to find some as I want to see if I can use a horn mid range on my setup in my 03

Quote Originally Posted by bpc87 View Post

What do you mean by running a 4 gauge amp kit to stereo to battery?

As far as your questions about re-wiring, if your'e going aftermarket amps, it'll be a must. The hardest thing to do is keeping everything neat, is what i was told. I'll be doing mine tomorrow, and will share tips, weather permitting.

bpc87 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

i already have 4 gauge wires going to the one amp i have for my subs. So i was wondering about how to go about putting another amp in for the speakers and how hard that would be i want to replace all the speakers in there factory locations and maybe make the rear pillars bigger and the center console ones depending. But my main question is i dont know the whole thing about a crossover or what amp to use or how to go about getting another amp in there. Those are the questions i have been searching online for the last couple hours trying to figure out. CadillacMan i will let you know im pretty sure the right one is blown tho no sound coming out of the right side at all so idk if there is a channel in the amp gone. The speaker is blown or one other thing i was thinking about today I had a Pioneer HU put in when i did the subs so i could control everything about my subs now im wondering if something is wired wrong in the back of the HU because i blew both door speakers and everything on the right side so i just decided to buy kenwood speakers for the front doors but they sucked the bose was much louder in the back and you could hardly hear them but when i faded to the right front still nothing so im thinking it was just wired like any other factory system LF,RF,RR,LR, but i have a feeling the bose system is wired completely different and another thing im wondering now is if the HU being wired wrong blew the speakers. So if anyone could answer these questions for me or point me in the right direction would be appreciated once again thanks guys

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.