2005 Escalade EXT potential owner advice/Questions??
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, 2005 Escalade EXT potential owner advice/Questions?? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hello cadillac world. I'm in the market of a newer truck and have always loved everything about cadillac. I came ...
    speedfreak95 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

2005 Escalade EXT potential owner advice/Questions??

Hello cadillac world. I'm in the market of a newer truck and have always loved everything about cadillac. I came across a 2005 cadillac ext with navigation, a moonroof, 22inch black rims with new tires and owner said the truck just hit 100k, hes looking at selling it for 13500.

Now the questions I have is 100k too much to consider on a truck like this? I currently own a tahoe with 206k so i know if you treat them with care they will last. But Cadillac does have more sensors and computers running it than my 1995 tahoe. So what can I expect out of a truck like this? Also any 2005 owners is there anything I should be aware of on this model or any other model escalade? Let me know thanks again

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade

Re: 2005 Escalade EXT potential owner advise/Questions??

i have a 03 with well over that and i got mine with just over 122,000 on her at the same price and while it may have more modules it is a great suv one thing if it is all wheel drive then it is really worth the price but most of the problems should be worked out with that amount of miles as i have none except for needing new rear shocks due to age and wear along with a new compressor which is a common problem

the best thing to do is take it for a test drive work all of the controls and try out everything from the lights to the radio and everything in between to make sure it all works and that you don't hear any noises that aren't normal and that no warning lights are on after startup also look under it on ground to see if there is any leaks under which will be obvious on any major problems just don't confuse the a/c with anything else good luck on the purchase i know you will love the ext if you get it. p.s. there ain't much changed from 03 to 05 much.

DucatiGuido is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade EXT
    Buy it. It's worth it, I'm in the car business and have had 2 escalades and a Denali, all of them were 2004's, sorry for such a short generic answer but im on my iphone, they really are a well made car. Good Luck!

vicb is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade, 2002 SL 500 Silver Arrow

I have been very happy with my 2005 Escalade. Bought it when it was only a year old with 16k miles. Currently only have 80k miles but no issues with the vehicle except the battery died twice. but with warrantly, service man came to my car installed new battery for no charge.

zogg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade EXT

I bought my 06 with 95K miles and now it has 108K....it is a wonderful truck. I was lucky, as I have all of the service records from the dealer and know that it was well cared for. Still, there is a lot of "stuff" to go wrong...sensors, motors, etc. I would make sure that everything works, though that is no guarantee it will work next week. A lot of the things you can repair yourself and some will have to go to the shop....I stay away from the dealer because he is super expensive, though sometimes that is not an option. You are always taking a chance with a used vehicle, but the engine and drive train is solid. If the navigation goes out, it wont keep the truck from running....you can repair it when you get the money. Sometimes those things are available in the junk yard of used on ebay at a big savings. I am going to replace my rear shocks in the spring...I pair $240 each for Monroe replacements, and the dealer wanted $1300....

The price seems fair....the biggest issue is how it was taken care of, how much did it tow, how hard was it driven....good luck

Trulytex is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1975 Eldo Convertible, 1987 Allante, 2004 Black Escalade

That sounds like a steal. If it is in good shape, I would say go for it. You can run a Carfax on it and find out some info on it too. You can also give the VIN to any GM dealer and they can pull any dealer service records and unaddressed recalls - which I would recommend.

DKR
    DKR is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have a 05 pearl white EXT
    If the engine has no knocks and the air works
    then its sounds like a good deal
    Excellent truck

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.