HID Projector Retrofit
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, HID Projector Retrofit in Cadillac Escalade Forums; So I've read alot about the projector housings that you can buy, which replace the whole headlamp housing and give ...
    gmercedesbenz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade

HID Projector Retrofit

So I've read alot about the projector housings that you can buy, which replace the whole headlamp housing and give you projector lenses, angel eyes, etc. And I don't know.... but to me, they just don't look right lol. So has anyone been able to come up with a way to have a projector low beam, but keep the OEM housing styling? I saw that older model Tahoes can get something called depo projectors I believe, which look like they only replace the low beam section of the light, leaving the rest stock. Looked really sharp.

Oh and side question for the 02 owners who have bought the projector kits that replace the whole housing. What type of lamp do those housings take? So the OEM housing on an '02 calls for a 9006 bulb. So naturally I have a 9006 HID kit. Would this fit one of those new housings? Or do they take the D1S/D1R bulbs?

Thanks in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade

Re: HID Projector Retrofit

i have seen those type of retrofit kits but given the size of the 02's housings it will be a major pain in the butt to do the work to get it to work right.

Pitbull14218 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2002 White Diamond EXT

Bump, I'm interested in some how adding projectors in my oem headlights. I am wondering the same thing, having a 9006 hid kit and installing projectors in my 02... Do the bulbs actually screw into the projectors or do they screw onto the headlight so i can just open up the headlights and glue on some projectors over the HiDs?

Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull14218
    Bump, I'm interested in some how adding projectors in my oem headlights. I am wondering the same thing, having a 9006 hid kit and installing projectors in my 02... Do the bulbs actually screw into the projectors or do they screw onto the headlight so i can just open up the headlights and glue on some projectors over the HiDs?
    I would advise just getting a set of housings for a 03-06 escalade and the bulbs and ballasts it would look a lot better(then add a hid kit to the high beams)
    There are projection housings on the aftermarket but they make the truck look funny

Pitbull14218 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2002 White Diamond EXT

Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man View Post
    I would advise just getting a set of housings for a 03-06 escalade and the bulbs and ballasts it would look a lot better(then add a hid kit to the high beams)
    There are projection housings on the aftermarket but they make the truck look funny
    Yeah the after market ones look super ricey, it would probably be cheaper to just try to add the projectors to what I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull14218

Yeah the after market ones look super ricey, it would probably be cheaper to just try to add the projectors to what I have.
    If you do add projectors make sure you aim them right

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.