Pictures of your Diamond White Escalades
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Pictures of your Diamond White Escalades in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I just bought a 2003 Diamond White Escalade and am trying to get ideas on stuff that would look good ...
    Coops5087 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 03 Diamond White Escalade

Pictures of your Diamond White Escalades

I just bought a 2003 Diamond White Escalade and am trying to get ideas on stuff that would look good on it. Please post your pics of your Diamond White Escalades. Thanks a lot and I'm happy to join this great community of Escalade Enthusiast! Heres a pic of mine
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

madhops336 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 ctsv 03 DTS

Re: Pictures of your Diamond White Escalades

sweet ride man, i have an 04 in the same color. I color-matched the grille and it gives the front of the truck a nice smooth look. It looks as if your headlights might be a little foggy, easy fix by taking them out and swishing warm water on the lense. One other thing I did to mine was replaceing the front and back crest emblems, brings new light to the caddy. Congrats man.

Wow! thats hilarious...I just got done cleaning my headlights. I ordered the new emblems a few days ago and my next mod was going to be paint matching the grill bc I don't like all the chrome billet grills out there. Looks like we'll be rockin the same lade! Thanks for the input tho man. I'm so glad I joined this forum. I've learned a whole lot and everyones really cool. I was about to buy new headlights before I saw the thread on cleaning them. Is there any way you could post some pics of yours? I'd really like to see what the gill looks like painted and I haven't been able to find any pics of a diamond white one. I'd really appreciate it. Also, how much did you pay for the paint? I've gotten a couple quotes from some shops around me and there saying like $250. I know the paint has pearl but that just seems like a lot for such a small piece.

I actually did the grille myself. Its not color matched to the T, its more of a true white. I did this with the intention of getting a billet, but decided it looks pretty sweet. I imagine the true pearl can only be done by shops and I got about the same quote as you. I only paid about 40 bucks for materials and invested some time in the process. I'm happy with it for now. I'll try to get a pic of the front for you. Here's a side view
    Attached Images

Monepit is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade ext, xlr

Here is a pic of my 02 EXT. It has the billet grill and all the extras. I love the grill but thats personal preferance. if you want to get the paint to match for your grill call a caddy dealerand give them your VIN and they can order you a pint spray can of the exact match. Be aware you have a basecoat clearcoat and you need both. Been there. They told me it was just one can and there was only pearl, no white. So you need the white base coat. I also installed a Viper Smart Start. That works great. Also if your leather is worn I bought new seat leather from Seatshop.com. Good prices and easy to install. You'll love your Lade.

Nice EXT man!! I love the chrome vent shades. Is your windshield tinted a little or is that just the reflection? I am DEF jeleous you have the smart start!!! I've been looking into getting a remote start but everyone wants so much to install it. I could prob do it myself but I really don't want to mess anything up with the ignition. How does it work? You have an iPhone to use it with? Also, Thanks for the input on the spray can. I didn't know they do that. I thought ttheyd just give u a little bottle of it. Do you know if that'd be good to spray on some areas I have scratches? theres a long one going down the side of the truck about 3 feet long and its all way way down past the base coat. So basically id need to get the white base coat then apply the pearl from the dealership??

to Madhops---Did you get the paint from the Caddy dealership like monepit was talking about? I'd really like to see it if you do get a chance to get a pic of it. Did you sand the grill for prep? and did you do a white base coat then the pearl??

TheCaddyKidd is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac Escalade EXT

Went a little different route with mine.. Have to say though.. Its nice being unique lol.. Everyone else in the area dropped theirs lades which is what I did at first but wanted something different and always loved the look of lifted trucks.. EVERYONE loves the way the truck looks and its the only one in the area like it..

The way it is now:

Coops5087 and Coops5087 like this.

bstiffmanofsteel is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): NONE

White looks great on these trucks. Color matching the grille is the best. I had aftermarket grilles, but the color match really made it pop! BTW welcome to the forum

Wowww man. I like it!! It's def unique. I always see tahoe's and EXT's lifted but not Lades. NICE job! Just curious, what all went into your lift kit? Also, I really like the grill with the lights in it. Is that custom? I haven't seen that around anywhere...

the cadillac man is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade

it is custom he has a thread about how he did it really nice.

All i did was remove the stock grille, sanded it down, taped of the emblem, sprayed 4 coats of the white then the clear coat. I just bought the paint and clear coat from an automotive store, like i said, not a perfect match but looks good.

TheCaddyKidd is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac Escalade EXT

I had my truck lifted with a BDS suspension kit.. They FINALLY included it lol.. every lift company would always exclude the escalade.. trust me i checked all the time.. Finally I saw the kit with escalade lifted and figured I would go with it.. It is a 6 inch bds lift with ford torsion keys to help level it out a bit better.. then i threw 35 inch Nitto trail grapplers on it.. As for the grille.. I forget the company that did it.. They have them listed for a lot of vehicles.. I have to go through my paperwork and find the company name.. I remember that I had never heard of them but saw the grille on their page and ordered it.. Again.. Something that I had NEVER seen before and figured it would be nicer then throwing a grille guard with lights lol..
    B12RSPCT and B12RSPCT like this.

I just looked at all your threads CaddyKidd and I really like the thread on your projector headlights. I'm wanting to paint my grill this week but I wanted to get some tips from you first cause yours turned out awesome!
    -What grit sandpaper did you use?
    -What was the color code or color you got to match? Was it actually Diamond White?
    -Did you have to spray a base coat then a pearl? or just the white and a clear?
    -How did you paint the chrome above the grill? Did you sand it first?
    How many coats of paint and how many coats of clear?

If you could answer those questions for me I'd really appreciate it. Also, GREAT job on your Lade. You've done A lot to it and it looks awesome!!!!

luxurylife33 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 Escalade (sold) 03 Escalade EXT (sold) - 07 Escalade EXT

luxurylife33 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 Escalade (sold) 03 Escalade EXT (sold) - 07 Escalade EXT

white out the headlights and get a nice grille

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.