Goodbye Escalade ...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Goodbye Escalade ... in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Well I never thought this day would come but some drastic changes in my life call for me to get ...
    pcguy760 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 02 Diamond White Pearl Escalade - Sold 10/11

Thumbs up Goodbye Escalade ...

Well I never thought this day would come but some drastic changes in my life call for me to get a more economical vehicle and my Escalade is getting sold. I must say, this forum thought me so much and the people here are some of the nicest I have ever met on any forum (no wonder you drive a Caddy ). Anyway I probably will not be around this forum much since I am gonna be out of the "Caddy" game but I will definately stop by every once in a while and maybe try to help someone out with what I still know or remember

Take care my friends - happy and safe driving!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

vandakeg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '04 EXT

Re: Goodbye Escalade ...

You'll be back! Cadillacs have a rubber band effect. The harder you try to stay away, the harder it is to resist buying another one!

Good luck to you!

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade

i agree you will be back i have tried to look at other suv's and still come back to look at a lade every time so i had to just stop looking but i have a lade so i am happy.

Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler

Best wishes. I sold my Escalade in 08' but I'm still a member and contributor here. Remember you don't have to own a Cadi to appreciate this place and be a member!!
    The above post is my 2 cents....nothing more.

luxurylife33 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 Escalade (sold) 03 Escalade EXT (sold) - 07 Escalade EXT

sold my escalade in december 2010 (have a bmw now) .... still around .... thanks for all the help and contribution!

Thank you all for the nice comments I will still come around here and see whats going on and offer help if I can. If it was not for this site and the nice people who take time to help, I probably would not have any hair now lol.

Unhappy Re: Goodbye Escalade ...

UPDATE 8/16/2012 - Decided there is no need to start a whole new thread so I thought I would drop in to my old goodbye thread and say .... HELLO EVERYONE!!! Ok I know its been a while but I have started to miss my old Caddy for some odd reason The more I see them on the road (be it 1st, 2nd or 3rd generation), I miss it more. What the hell is it??? It gave me more issues than my Ford and had my Scion laughing at it for the mpg's but I loved it more than any vehicle I have ever had???? Ok let me stop before I cry a puddle... I MISS IT. Ok you guys are gonna say "I TOLD YOU SO!!!" but I admit..... maybe .... one day in the near future or lets just say one day in the near future
    Rolex and Rolex like this.

Quote Originally Posted by pcguy760
    UPDATE 8/16/2012 - Decided there is no need to start a whole new thread so I thought I would drop in to my old goodbye thread and say .... HELLO EVERYONE!!! Ok I know its been a while but I have started to miss my old Caddy for some odd reason The more I see them on the road (be it 1st, 2nd or 3rd generation), I miss it more. What the hell is it??? It gave me more issues than my Ford and had my Scion laughing at it for the mpg's but I loved it more than any vehicle I have ever had???? Ok let me stop before I cry a puddle... I MISS IT. Ok you guys are gonna say "I TOLD YOU SO!!!" but I admit..... maybe .... one day in the near future or lets just say one day in the near future
    Well I hate to be the first one to say this but I told you so I told you that you would miss your caddy.

William01 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalade ESV
    I have had some thoughts about trying to trade mIne in lately. I love my truck but lately itz like one thing after another going wrong. I think I would miss it too. Just something bout the Caddy man. I'm probably just going to buy a used car that's good on gas to commute in. Really getting tired of $100 every week for gas.

I have been to a couple dealerships and my truck is in better shape than other 2nd generation Escalades at the dealerships.

Quote Originally Posted by William01 View Post
    I have had some thoughts about trying to trade mIne in lately. I love my truck but lately itz like one thing after another going wrong. I think I would miss it too. Just something bout the Caddy man. I'm probably just going to buy a used car that's good on gas to commute in. Really getting tired of $100 every week for gas.

I have been to a couple dealerships and my truck is in better shape than other 2nd generation Escalades at the dealerships.
    100 bucks a week how many miles do you commute???

Just to work and back is 40 miles. With kids school, kids sports, and just everyday driving itz about 380 miles every 8 days.

Quote Originally Posted by William01
    Just to work and back is 40 miles. With kids school, kids sports, and just everyday driving itz about 380 miles every 8 days.
    That is a lot of miles a week.

wesyder is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
    I at one point i was doing 100-120 a day for a few years and i must say gas was kickin my ass but at 6 ft 5 in i love the comfort of my suv however i have since gave in and parked it and got a honda accord for the commute

I almost traded the Caddy in today but could not do it just yet. Too attached still
    pcguy760 likes this.

Ok I know this thread is over a year old but I'm the OP to it so I just thought I'd drop in and say dammit I still miss my Caddy!!!!!! ALOT of things have changed in my life but rest assured I am not gone I tend to make plans far ahead and I just might have a surprise in the (sort of) distant future Hope all you guys are doing good!

Wanna hear a kinda sad story? A few months ago, I was out of town going through some little town here in IL and I see this 2nd Gen Escalade in front of me at a light and I noticed it had very new looking emblems, etc. on the tailgate, dark tinted windows and I think hmmmm must be kept in a garage or the owner must have replaced them BUT then I see the town name on the side of the street and I think "Wait a second.... this is the town the people who bought it from me are from!" Now the only way I could tell if it was mine was by the custom vents I put on the side so I hope I can get next to them and luckily they get in a turn lane and OMG, it was my Caddy My heart dropped and I never felt so empty for some reason... they did not recognise me (new smaller car lol) but after a few hours I am happy to see it being well taken care of

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.