Goodbye Escalade ... - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Goodbye Escalade ... in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Originally Posted by pcguy760 Ok I know this thread is over a year old but I'm the OP to it ...
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by pcguy760
    Ok I know this thread is over a year old but I'm the OP to it so I just thought I'd drop in and say dammit I still miss my Caddy!!!!!! ALOT of things have changed in my life but rest assured I am not gone I tend to make plans far ahead and I just might have a surprise in the (sort of) distant future Hope all you guys are doing good! Wanna hear a kinda sad story? A few months ago, I was out of town going through some little town here in IL and I see this 2nd Gen Escalade in front of me at a light and I noticed it had very new looking emblems, etc. on the tailgate, dark tinted windows and I think hmmmm must be kept in a garage or the owner must have replaced them BUT then I see the town name on the side of the street and I think "Wait a second.... this is the town the people who bought it from me are from!" Now the only way I could tell if it was mine was by the custom vents I put on the side so I hope I can get next to them and luckily they get in a turn lane and OMG, it was my Caddy My heart dropped and I never felt so empty for some reason... they did not recognise me (new smaller car lol) but after a few hours I am happy to see it being well taken care of

See I told you that you would miss it and the new owners wouldn't know when they seen you out but it is good news to hear it has been took care off by the new owners
    pcguy760 likes this.

dbbspider is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 escalade ext

Re: Goodbye Escalade ...

Life will bring u back when u are ready... Or when the gas prices drop
    pcguy760 likes this.

Jophusp is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac Escalade XS-500

Sad, Sad, Sad man. Had a similar thing happen when I sold my Z28. REALLY makes you regret it for that moment, but it is nice to see someone else enjoying it, and hopefully appreciating it as much as you did, im sure that makes you feel somewhat proud of your old machine.

dahubby98 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade ext

Ive been contemplating for a while but i just cant let her go....Sounds like a woman...I guess she is...lol

Quote Originally Posted by dahubby98
    Ive been contemplating for a while but i just cant let her go....Sounds like a woman...I guess she is...lol
    I know how you feel I have thought of trading my 03 in on a newer model but can't bring my self to let her go

I probably drive her till she dies
    pcguy760 likes this.

jnrsesv is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '05 ESV Platinum

Good story thanks for sharing.

I sometimes wonder what have become some of my previous rides.

Ghost Deany is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade, 2005 CTS
    I traded my black 04 in for a 08 cts, which i had for about 4 months before trading it in for the white 07 Escalade. I knew id eventually get another one but didnt think it would be that quick. We have the drive in 3 lane garage bay at our dealer, and one day i was picking up the CTS and a lot attendant pulled a black 07+ in w the exhaust going and that was it, i bought mine within about 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Deany
    I traded my black 04 in for a 08 cts, which i had for about 4 months before trading it in for the white 07 Escalade. I knew id eventually get another one but didnt think it would be that quick. We have the drive in 3 lane garage bay at our dealer, and one day i was picking up the CTS and a lot attendant pulled a black 07+ in w the exhaust going and that was it, i bought mine within about 2 weeks.
    I seen a black 07 esv at my local dealer that another dealer had brought in for service and it made me want one

I would get a cts but I have to have the all wheel drive for winter

pcguy760 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 02 Diamond White Pearl Escalade - Sold 10/11

Thanks guys Yes there is definately something about it once you have had one. I am hoping to get one but its going to be a while since I am debating on keeping my Toyota as well Although I might go with the 3rd generation, I will most definately let you guys know when it happens

Take care guys and happy holidays!

Ghost Deany is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade, 2005 CTS
    I had the AWD CTS, after that black one pulled in it was game over i hit cars.com and found a black one in CT i drove 3hours to get and i got up there it was dicked up, it had the tan interior instead of black, the door handle broke off in my hand, the CEL was on, a chunk of leather was ripped out of the 2nd row seat and it had 26" rims i didnt want and no OEM 22s, and it was in a accident on carfax. Ended up driving back to my local dealer 3 mins from my house for a pearl white with black interior w everything but a sunroof. Havemt regretted it since

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Deany
    I had the AWD CTS, after that black one pulled in it was game over i hit cars.com and found a black one in CT i drove 3hours to get and i got up there it was dicked up, it had the tan interior instead of black, the door handle broke off in my hand, the CEL was on, a chunk of leather was ripped out of the 2nd row seat and it had 26" rims i didnt want and no OEM 22s, and it was in a accident on carfax. Ended up driving back to my local dealer 3 mins from my house for a pearl white with black interior w everything but a sunroof. Havemt regretted it since
    I know how you feel there man I test drove a 98 burb before I got my escalade it looked nice but that was it the power train had been beat the interior was in bad shape and the a/c didn't work
    The only thing that looked good was the red paint job

Now the same dealer has a 07 esv in black but I know its got issues as it was the same one I seen at my local gm dealer(not good)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.